Restore Inspiron 910 to factory settings

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Restore Inspiron 910 to factory settings

This question is not answered

I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron mini 910 but it didn't have a system disc. I would like to restore the laptop to it's factory settings. Can you help point me in the right direction please.

All Replies
  • oldhippy1950

I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron mini 910 but it didn't have a system disc. I would like to restore the laptop to it's factory settings. Can you help point me in the right direction please.

Hi, You can order one from HERE, if dell know your the new owner of the system, and you live in the US..

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• Unfortunately I don't live in the USA.

• I recently bought a dell inspiron mini 910, but it didn't have a system disc.  I would like to restore the laptop to its factory setting, please provide directions.

Thank you

• Oldhippy and Korey12.

I suppose that the mini 910 has PC Restore by Dell and you are using XP. When booting the system, after the Dell Logo appears, look for a blue bar at the top of the screen with www.DeLL.com written in it and underneath it shows "Loading PBR Descriptor 2 done". When this bar shows, you only have a second to press Ctrl+F11 to activate PC Restore. Have in mind that if in any way you have touched the HDD or altered the HDD or reinstall the OS, the Dell MBR or the partition will not be there and PC Restore will not engage.

Follow this instructions, step two:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=347576&l=en&s=dhs

Hope it helps.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3.IE8 & FF29

Avast!Free 9.0.2018. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.

• Oldhippy and Korey12. SAYS~:

I suppose that the mini 910 has PC Restore by Dell and you are using XP. When booting the system, after the Dell Logo appears, look for a blue bar at the top of the screen with www.DeLL.com written in it and underneath it shows "Loading PBR Descriptor 2 done". When this bar shows, you only have a second to press Ctrl+F11 to activate PC Restore. Have in mind that if in any way you have touched the HDD or altered the HDD or reinstall the OS, the Dell MBR or the partition will not be there and PC Restore will not engage.

Follow this instructions, step two:

support.dell.com/.../document

Hope it helps.

Basically No it does not help as the Dell Mini does not have an F11 Key they only go up to F10 !

• pretty much your only option is to purchase an optical drive (cd drive) and manually reinstall windows with a reinstall cd that usually comes with your computer, but drivers etc installed by the factory will be lost unless you have a cd for that too.  I am pretty sure the inspiron 910 did not come with a reinstall/start up disk.  Dells oh so helpful website says the only OTHER option is to send it in for repair and if you are like me and bought this in 2009 without any kind of extended warranty it will probably cost you more to do that than buy an external cd drive.  

good luck.

• I just found out you can access a copy of the reinstall disk on your hard drive by searching for winnt32.exe. If you run that program you can reinstall windows, but you need your product key, which should be on the bottom of the computer.  i dont know if this will also reinstall drivers installed at the factory etc.

• This worked perfect for me. Found the WINNT32.EXE file clicked on it & it reinstalled the operating system again, it took nearly an hour to do it but it was worth  it. Thanks musoka03

• hi please help me

• Hi nanakay,

Please share the system model and the operating system installed. Also, please share if you are trying to reset the system back to factory defaults or whether you are trying to a clean installation of the Windows using re-installation media.

Reply with the information, will take it further from there.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.