XPS M1530 Windows 7 Drivers Support Page

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

XPS M1530 Windows 7 Drivers Support Page

This question is not answered

Why when i insert my service tag it shows invalid informaton about my device with no support !????

When will Windows 7 drivers be available for XPS M1530 ?

Regards...

XPS M1530

All Replies
  • Pleas edit your post to remove your service tag. That is a violation of the TOS and is designed for your security....

Have you recently aquired the system? If so did you register it with Dell.

Since Dell has dropped the XPS line of laptops they may never develop drivers as most Vista drivers work well with 7.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• sorry i didnt know about the TOS.....

How i have to register my device with dell ?
    yeah..most vista drivers work but i want to have latest dell drives installed on my operating system...

• I think dell solved the problem with some XPS service tag supports !

thanks to dell !

but will DELL release Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for XPS M1530 !?

IF YES  when !??!

• I've been using Windows 7 on my XPS M1530 for about a month now. Most of the drivers that Windows 7 finds work fine. Others I've used Vista 64 bit drivers. The only problem I'm having is with the bluetooth Truemobile 355 card. I installed the latest Vista 64 driver and firmware update, but it will not connect with any audio device. It connects fine with keyboards and mice. So, if anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate the knowledge. Thanks in advance.Cool

• Hi, billmahan.

Check this out: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19275876/19489780.aspx#19489780

Is that what you're looking for?

• torinorgist

... most vista drivers work but i want to have latest dell drives installed on my operating system...

If your Vista drivers work, what's the problem?

Wanting Dell to release new drivers, for a model they're no longer producing - just for the sake of it, is pointless.

torinorgist

will DELL release Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for XPS M1530 !?

IF YES  when !??!

If you'd bother to read replies properly, you'd have noticed - that question has already been answered:

Davet50

Since Dell has dropped the XPS line of laptops, they may never develop drivers, as most Vista drivers work well with 7.

Idea

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• Ymby, I wish it did help. My XPS finds the bluetooth card but not all devices are working with it. I tried the Dell Drivers, and uninstalled then reinstalled, but some of my BT headsets (from Motorola and Bose) can't be found or drivers installed by the device. It says to dl software from Broadcom and takes me to a site where the drivers should be then says it can't install the drivers.

Thanks for the suggestion tho!Idea

Bill