How can I get a replacement Operating System CD

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

How can I get a replacement Operating System CD

• How can I get a replacement operating System CD and original drivers and utilities CD?

• Searching through dells site I found this link that my be of help to you, Replacement Discs

• HERE is the direct link to the Dell replacement CD form.  Note, you must be the registered owner and have the service tag number to request replacements and not all systems (older systems) are eligible for the free replacements.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Hey........ thats useful

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

• Service tage number <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>.

Anyway, purchased a now declared-defunct dell desktop which arrived decades ago without os disk. Have product key, but have been unable to locate disk source. Am probably too late on this thread, but what the hell--have nothing to lose at this stage.  SadBeerSuper Angry

• Actually, there is no damn link here.

• padyboy,

If you live in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, contact Dell Tech support in your Country.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Please vote for this IdeaStorm idea so Dell fix the issue with OS media requests or have Microsoft provide a downloadable .iso for Windows 8:

http://www.ideastorm.com/idea2ReadIdea?v=1369805756988&Id=087700000008mnRAAQ

Unfortunately however IdeaStorm requires a new login from the Community Forums.

Note for Windows Vista and Windows 7 you can use files from Digital River. If you use Activation Backup and Recovery to backup your current version of Windows Vista/7 you should be able to restore the product activation provided you selected the same version of Windows.

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean install of Windows for details on installing Windows (and downloading the Windows Vista/7 setup files):

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/ 

Can you state your model of Dell and version of Windows because your Service Tag has been removed because of the forums privacy policy.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• How to replace my CD drive

• Hi pjdell,

Please click on the http://dell.to/1dRLByG link. Select Desktop or laptop for which you want to replace CD drive.

Select the type of Desktop or laptop type.

It will provide you with list of System Models.

Select the System Model for which you want to replace CD drive.

Click on Manuals and Documentation.

Click on Owner’s manual. The Owner’s manual will assist you with troubleshooting steps to replace CD drive for the system.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further question.

Thanks & Regards
    Amit V
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

• twk

How can I get a replacement operating System CD and original drivers and utilities CD?