WIndows 7 and quickset

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

WIndows 7 and quickset

This question has suggested answer(s)

Does anyone know if there is a plan to have a quckset version to support Windows 7?

All Replies
  • I would imagine that once the OS and systems are released then one will surface. Untill then it is proably in development.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• It was released to Dell in early August and to MSDN/TechNet customers on August 6th. Any update on the drivers? I'm running a fully licensed and activated RTM.

Thanks.

Nevermind. I found one that doesnt check for the OS version:

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=&servicetag=&os=&osl=&catid=&impid=&fileid=201589

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so I'm not sure if its x86 (32 bit) friendly.

• why dont you just use the vista version? Most vista software runs on 7

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• All the versions I tried checks the OS and fails if it is not what is expected

• It works for x86 32 bit. Thanks

• Its working fine on a 32-bit windows. thanks.

• Dell has the Windows 7 Version of QuickSet available for my system at Drivers & Downloads

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Okay so I had troubling issues with my Dell Quickset after reinstalling windows 7 x68 32 bit on my Vostro 1700. I spent about 2 hours searching through forums and threads but each time i downloaded one Eventually i found a quickset driver that worked. Just go on the Dell website and search for R156212 or just google R156212. Apparently it looks like the dell Quickset is not too compatible with Windows 7, so the vista/xp version of quickset works just fine....

• This one worked just fine with my system and win 7

Forum member since 2003

• Run Setup in windows xp (service pack 3) compability mode