Dell D610 Drivers

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Dell D610 Drivers

• I have experienced problems with my Network Card not connecting to routers and other Windows Explorer issues.   I am about to format the drive and reload Windows XP Professional.  I have had trouble finding the drivers after changing my hard drive and would like to know what are the default drivers for the D610 and where I can get access to them.

Please assist.

• dahayes

I have had trouble finding the drivers after changing my hard drive and would like to know what are the default drivers for the D610 and where I can get access to them.

Where did you look for them? 

It couldn't have been the most obvious place - the Latitude D610's 'Drivers & Downloads' page on the Dell website Idea

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• Hello,

I assume that when you say, "...after changing my hard drive..." that you did not perform the required order of install needed with Dell systems.

Follow the list below, with special attention to the note about booting to safe mode. It will get you fixed up in a jiffy. Yes

Note: Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of order.

Install your version of Windows.

Install the following software and drivers in the order listed below.

***** 1.***** Desktop System Software (DSS) or Notebook System Software (NSS) - A vital utility that provides critical updates and patches for the operating system. If you are reinstalling the operating system or updating all the computer’s drivers, it is imperative that this software be installed first.
    This is located under the System and Configuration Utilities Category on the Drivers and Downloads page. The DSS or NSS may not be required for some systems that shipped with Windows Vista installed, or older systems that don't offer DSS or NSS files. But if your download page has a DSS or NSS file, "It is required".
    2. Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    3. Video Adapter - Enhances video performance. This is located under the Video Adapter Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    4. Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    5. Audio Adapter - Enables and enhances the audio controller. This is located under the Audio Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    6. Modem - Allows dialup capability. This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    7. Wireless Network Card - Enables and enhances the wireless network controller. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    8. Touchpad, Pointer, Trackstick, Mice, and Keyboards - Enhances the pointing device features. This is located under the Mouse & Keyboards Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    9. Other Devices
    * Bluetooth Module
    This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    * Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband Cards
    This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.
    * PCMCIA/Smartcard controller
    This is located under the Security Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Dell drivers and downloads page http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/. Input your service tag number to get the required drivers for your system, 'as shipped'.

NOTE: If your system download page offers a DSS or NSS file in the 'System and Configuration Utilities' Category. And you have already tried to install some drivers, you will need to reboot in Safe Mode to install the DSS or NSS file, and the chipset. Then reboot the system and install the rest of the drivers in the correct order.

Mis Dos Centavos,
    Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998
    Darrell's computer help and information web site
    My systems ...
    Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
    Toshiba Tecra M1
    Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
    Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
      Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

• To be more specific in my search for drivers, I have input the Service Tag of my Laptop and got the list of drivers.   My problem is which instance of the driver should I install when I do not specifically know the type of Ethernet or Wireless Internal LAN card.

Device Manager shows Other Devices in yellow when exploded shows (?):

EthernetController

Multi Media Controller

Network Controller

PCI Modem

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM BUS Controller

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Please advise which drivers I will need to install to clear up these issues (in some cases there are multiple choices).

Thanks,

• Hello again,

Follow the list I posted starting with the installing DSS and chipset drivers in safe mode.

That will fix most of the problems on your list. Then post back with the others, and we can fix each other one.

Mis Dos Centavos,
    Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998
    Darrell's computer help and information web site
    My systems ...
    Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
    Toshiba Tecra M1
    Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
    Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
      Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

• hi i noticed this post was almost a year ago but i want to know if all the chipset driver available for Latitude D610 should be installed? as am not sure which chipset driver is to use. there are 3 available chipset drivers. would appreciate the help here please. thanks.

• Try the actual 'Intel Mobile Chipset' drivers first Wink

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• alright thanks for the reply. will post after i setup windows again. thanks!

• Thereal-dbk4297

Hello,

I assume that when you say, "...after changing my hard drive..." that you did not perform the required order of install needed with Dell systems.

Follow the list below, with special attention to the note about booting to safe mode. It will get you fixed up in a jiffy. Yes

I am having a similar problem and I am about at wits end.  My Wifes D610 was plugging along when all of a sudden the wireless card died in it.  It kept telling me that there was no driver installed.  She had a number of viruses just prior to this and it was running extremely slow, so I did a clean install of the system.  However, upon completing the install, it still told me that no driver was installed, even though I installed the Intel ProSet Wieless application from Drivers & Downloads.  She was needing to use the wireless and I bought her a USB adaptor which has worked OK, but not asd good as the built in did.

So this past week I had time and did some research.  I saw where you need to install the drivers in order.  So, I did another clean install and re-installed the drivers in order to the best of my abilities.  However, after doing so, I still got the error from prowireless that there was no driver installed.

I ordered a brand new wireless card for it.  Tonight it arrived, I installed it and I still get the error.

Here is what I can say as fact...

In the Bios, Wireless is turned on.  So is the ability to turn wireless on and of using Function+F2, which does not work.
    The card is seated firmly in the board.
    The Antenna is plugged in well.
    Drivers have been installed.
    After all of the installations it never acts as if it sees the card.

Should I un-install all of the drivers and re-install them in order again?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

• the easy way is to uninstall the wireless driver for the card, then use the usb adapter to go to intel's site and let them scan your system and it will give you the correct driver for your card and maybe some better drivers for other components.  i've used that way a lot and it has always worked good.  dell's site can be a little confusing with all the choices for the different components.

• topmahof

the easy way is to uninstall the wireless driver for the card, then use the usb adapter to go to intel's site and let them scan your system and it will give you the correct driver for your card and maybe some better drivers for other components.  i've used that way a lot and it has always worked good.  dell's site can be a little confusing with all the choices for the different components.

Would you recommend I go ahead and uninstall the Netgear adaptor she is using as well right now and just do it with a cable?  I am just wondering if that might be blocking the internal card as well.

• yeh, the cable's better, no conflict

• Well, I did that and it is looking like there is a problem with the Motherboard.  Thanks for the help though!

• I have a Dell E1505 that is acting up. If it cool it boot up and I can see the Dell logo and then it will stop. I assuma it might be the fan. Can I take the core 2 processor and install it in a Dell 610?

• The most OBVIOUS PROBLEM with looking on the Dell website is that without the drivers, one CAN'T GET ONLINE, thus they cannot download directly from Dell. The "most obvious place" is obviously impossible to use without the drivers!

The question for some of us (not necessarily the original poster) is :

How can own get the drivers, since it is not possible to download them if you really need them?