Error can not load halaacpi.dll installing windows xp on Vostro A860 - Microsoft OS Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

Error can not load halaacpi.dll installing windows xp on Vostro A860

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Error can not load halaacpi.dll installing windows xp on Vostro A860

This question is not answered

hi guys,

i try to install windows xp and get an error booting to the disk saying halaapci.dll cannot be loaded.  I am assuming i need to sata driver for the hdd to get this to install.  any ideas where I can get it as i cant find it anywhere.

thank you

All Replies
  • There are no XP drivers or software listed for your computer, which means dell does not support it on XP. You will have a difficult time finding all the correct hardware drivers and system software utilities for this system.

There is even no listing for SATA drivers for your model shown HERE

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• yeah i noticed that however on the drivers and download cd there are xp drivers for this system.  They also offered an xp downgrade on the dell website for this system so there must be a way of installing it.  Just need to find the way.

• If Dell is selling these system with XP then they are keeping the drivers secret. Unless you can get your hands on a "Downgrade" disk I still feel you will have some problems finding the correct drivers.

This might help somewhat as you say you do have some xp drivers on your disk. Note that this is also info that is necessary after one loads/reloads XP onto a system. This will list the main drivers that are necessary. Since you have a laptop the system software drive is very necessary.

I did notice that some of the drivers listed on the driver page when you click on them and on the next windo select compatability some are listed as being XP compatable.

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003