my partition was deleted on my inspiron b130 so i cannot restore to factory settings...restore disks available?

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

my partition was deleted on my inspiron b130 so i cannot restore to factory settings...restore disks available?

This question is not answered

So about a year ago i did the f11 reboot with the partition that enabled my computer (Dell inspiron b130) to restore to factory defaults.

Somehow that is now gone, and i would like to get a restore disk with the OS and drivers on it that came with my computer when i recieved it from dell, my computer is no longer under warranty :(

Is this possible!?!?!

any help, or pointing me in any helpful direction would be greatly appreciated!! If Dell offered this option for under 300 or so i would totally be willing to buy it from them, my computer is not in the best shape lately!! i blame a faulty OS installation from last time.

thanks guys!

All Replies
  • Sure that's possible. Just click on the link below my name and request a set of backup disks.

After you get the disks, then remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
    Chipset or SMBus driver
    Processor Driver (if applicable)
    Video
    Audio (sound)
    Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
    Modem
    Network Card

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• PudgyOne

Sure that's possible. Just click on the link below my name and request a set of backup disks.

To my knowledge PudgyOne... the OP won't be able to restore the system back to factory settings - even with a backup disc, without the 'Recovery' partition?

Backup discs don't include a 'recovery' disc, which can be used to restore the laptop to its factory settings.

The OS disc they'll send is simply that - a disc with the OS on it - albeit one created by Dell. 

It can either be used in conjunction with the 'Recovery' partition - to restore the laptop to its factory settings, or for a 'clean' install of XP/Vista.

Without the 'Recovery' partition, I reckon the only option which will be available, will be a clean install?

I stand to be corrected of course, and... for the OP's sake... I hope I am Big Smile

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• After you get the backup disks,

Put the Operating system disk in the computer and restart.

Press any key to boot from CD

Choose install

Do the agreement

Now choose repair. You'll be able to repair the Operating System back to the way it was when you got it from the factory. Since it's a Dell, you shouldn't lose any files and folders. But If you feel safer, please ALWAYS make backup copies of any files and folders that you cannot afford to lose.

Please remember to get all your Windows Updates again.

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• AshleyRose,

If you have not re-partitioned your hard drive, it is possible to restore the Ctrl-F11 access to the Dell PC Restore partition.  Go here: http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm.  Read the section "Troubleshooting the Restore Process".  Dan Goodell's DSRFIX program is not really that difficult to use, and it works.  Let us know if you need help using it.

Tony