Windows XP Media center OS Software restore disk for Dell Inspiron Laptop E1705

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Windows XP Media center OS Software restore disk for Dell Inspiron Laptop E1705

• Does anyone know where I can get a Windows XP Media center Software restore disk for a Dell Inspiron 9400/1705 laptop I have Windows Vista on it I want to make a partition with Vista and Xp Media center on it
  • There is no Dell "restore" disk. You need to buy Windows XP Operating System from your favorite retailer. IMO you'd be wasting your money. Vista Home Premium & Ultimate already have Media Center. A notebook computer is not a good candidate for a dual boot setup.
  • Quote: A notebook computer is not a good candidate for a dual boot setup.

Why not? It is just a PC like any other. I have been doing it for years and years.

pcgeek11
  • I agree with above; laptops are fine in a dual boot environment.  I ran dual boot for about a month and a half with Vista RC1/RC2 on my XPS M1210 and had a blast figuring it out...

Next, yes a Dell XP Restore Disk with Media center can be had from Dell; it is red in colour and ideal for what you are thinking of doing.

If you bought your system from Dell with Vista, call them and complain on how you are having probs with Vista and request it; talk nice and they will send it to you.

If you bought your system before Vista, they will just send it off to you.