Dell Media Experience download

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Dell Media Experience download

• Hi all,

I have looked at several postings
  • sorry it was due to a cursor jump that I sent the previous meaningless post! 

I was saying I am not able to find how to download this Dell Media Experience software...  please help.  the CD didn't come with the system.

Thank you,
    Mohsen
    ps. please bear with me if this is not the right forum etc... I am a newbie.
  • While it says it is possible here:

http://service.dell.com/dell/kb/tech_support/view_article/1,,856+6053+6055+14563,00.html

Most folks find that it is necessary to call, chat or E-Mail Dell Customer Support and request the disks be sent.

Also, if you use the "Options" button in your post, you'll find an "Edit" selection there to revise your post.

• While updates are available for download (refer to the URL posted by obey_gravity), the original setup program is not (due to licensing issue), for which you must request the CD to be sent to you.

Please don't send questions about your issues to me by Private Messages; post them in the appropriate board so everyone can read. Thank you.

• from the link above:

Where Can I Go To Download Updates or the Latest Version of the Dell Media Experience Program

Now if only someone could get Dell to update their  'support page'  eh?  ;)

• The "latest version" is an update.

Please don't send questions about your issues to me by Private Messages; post them in the appropriate board so everyone can read. Thank you.

• Yes, I'm not sure why there are so many people who can't figure out that's what 'Latest' means either  :smileyindifferent:

It's just as clear as most everything Dell communicates.

• Thank you all.

Seems like the only way is the CD.  I asked dell and they sent it to me pretty fast: overnight!  I didn't expect that.

Mohsen

• Great News!!  Glad it worked out for you  :)
  • I have just bought a Inspiron 9400 (a used one) but it will not arrive untill next week.

Can I use The Media Experience CD that I got for my Dimension or do I need to order a new one?

My thought was that maybe the Inspiron needs a nother version.
  • yes you can!
    same software for both Dimension and Inspiron