2000 Pro Windows Update Express 0x80072F8F date time out of sync with an update certificate

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

2000 Pro Windows Update Express 0x80072F8F date time out of sync with an update certificate

• 2000 Pro Windows Update Express
    Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update certificate. To fix this:
    Date and Time Properties
    Ensure that the date and time are correct.

problem: error number 0x80072F8F

Since summer of 2000 I have been working with Windows 2000 and have never encountered this. Computers are connected to a Windows 2003 Domain and time is the same on every system. Only the notebook is getting this error.
    I have
    * upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro from Windows 98 newly installed
    * updated to SP2 (server install)
    * updated IE version 6
    * updated to SP4 (run in place, then re-booted)
    * CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS and re-boot (60 GB hard drive)
    The error happens either in IE 6 or in Maxthon browser
  • ? http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8400/rh8430.htm

Should be am but is pm
    Should be pm but is am
    ?

Anyone? Ever happen to you?
  • Hi BBraxton

I am new to Dell Community, Just reading your post above. Did you sort this error as i am having the same problem using Vista Home OS on my Inspiron 530 which is only 4 months old? It will not update nor will windows defender update either (same  Error code 0x80072F8F) on both

Regards

Tony_xbox360

• Hi All.. I have resolved the problem regarding Error code 0x80072F8F when trying to Update Windows Vista or to use Windows defender on my Inspiron 530. I have downloaded a program called Malwarebytes! anti-Malware. This program has ressolved my Error code messages and i was able to down load the lastest updates into my PC. Hope this will help other users.

Reagrds

Tony_xbox360