Startup item - stsystra.exe

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Startup item - stsystra.exe

• In msconfig, Startup, there is an item called stsystra.exe. I went to Google, but they don't have anything on this. Neither does "I am not a Geek". Is this a valid function?
    Win XP Home Edition, SP2
    Dell 9100
  • Hi,
    I can`t find any info on it either, so that is not good news.  I would say it probably should not be there.
    Run these online scans
    Then download and run these free programs
    Ad-Aware SE
    Update before running.  Get it to fix all
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Update it before running.  Get it to fix all the RED entries it finds
    If it is still there you will need to download and run HijackThis
    Unzip it to a permanent folder of its own, not directly on the desktop and not directly on the C:\ drive. Create a folder in My Documents and keep it in there.
    Go to the HijackThis Forum here and post the log it creates. The experts there will tell you how to fix the problem.
    It seems a lot, I know, but in order to run HijackThis you must first clean up with the other programs
  • In reply to dunedin, I have run full Norton AntiVirus scan, Spybot, and AdAware, and nothing shows up. Did a search on my PC for stsystra.exe, and came up with stsystra.exe-250DA2AC, which is a PF File, origin: Prefetch. This appears to be related to Sigmatel Audio system tray application, which I have researched, but must admit that I still don't understand. In any case, I have unchecked the box in Startup, and nothing seems to be affected. Would still like to get to the bottom of this.
  • this is just the audio software that came with the Dell PC. chill everyone!
  • A good place to look up startup items is

Precision Tower 5810, Quadcore Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3, 3700 MHz
    RAM:16 GB PC6400 DDR4 SDRAM 1066MHz
    HDD: 2x ATA  ST500DM002-1BD14 500GB SATA non RAID
    Video: nVIDIA Quadro K4200 PCIe 4GB
    Audio: Recon3D PCIe, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 speakers
    Monitor: Dell E2011H

7.1 pro sp1 64 bit