Remove i-learn my dell pc without the disk

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Remove i-learn my dell pc without the disk

• I have a shrimpy 10GB hard drive and this program eats up nearly 400MB that I would rather use on other programs.  The uninstaller requires the disk and i-learn is not on the Dell Installed Programs CD that I got with my Inspiron (something that would tick me off if I needed it).

Does ANYONE know how to get this program off my computer without the disk handy?  I desparately need the room...

• If hard drive space is really that critical that you need the 400Mb of space you are in trouble and really need to upgrade the drive to a larger size. 

But, if it won't "orderly" uninstall, you can just delete the folder and that will remove the program from the hard drive (you will probably have to delete it from the recycle bin too).  There will be a shortcut (which you can delete) either in the Start/Programs and or the desktop that you can remove.  And if there is a problem after you do that you can remove any registry entry for the program (but backup the registry before modifying it as one wrong move and the registry could be trashed).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• I know I need a new hard drive.  W/ the holidays coming I'm taking care of gifts for everyone else, first.  Anyway, I think I deleted the shortcuts a long time ago, when I was a little more naive in computer matters, thinking that would get rid of the program, too.  I have done a file search to locate the program folder on the hard drive to no avail.  Do you know where this folder usually is?  Thanks for your help.
  • I don't know where it is.  Use the Windows Explorer and look at the various Dell folders on the drive and you may be able to find it. It could also be in the Program Files folder or even a sub-folder in the Windows folder.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• You may also want to consider the Windows Installer Cleanup utility from Microsoft, msicuu.exe or msicu.exe depending on your OS.  This cleans up the installer information for i-LEARN, though it doesn't delete the files on disk nor clean the registry completely.