Dell Inspiron 17 3737 Wireless & Bluetooth drivers win8.1 x64

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Dell Inspiron 17 3737 Wireless & Bluetooth drivers win8.1 x64

This question is not answered

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Inspiron 17 3737 that come with ubuntu. I install windows 8.1  64bits for compatibility with my other program and I find almost every driver except the Wireless and the Bluetooth.

System Model number: Inspiron 17 3737
Operating System   : Windows 8.1 Professional 64bits

Wireless card driver

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

I scan the computer with a tool and the wireless device seem to be a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter

I tried download drivers from dell official page for this laptop but all driver that I tried to install and that should be for this type of laptop, dont work. It gives me warning that selected driver arent for my platform on computer and then abort installation.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Josko

All Replies
  • Maybe that's the problem - i'm using Windows 8 64 bit.

But I'm pretty sure the Dell Wireless 1705 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Driver should work for newer Windows as well.

You are sure that you downloaded this driver: DW1705_W8_X02_A00_Setup-DK2MK_ZPE.exe?

If you did, and it doesn't work, the problem could be in Windows version or if we don't have the same laptop.

Specifications for my model:

DELL Inspiron 3737 17.3" (1600x900) WLED, Intel Core i7-4500U 1.8 GHz Haswell , 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz, 1TB HDD 5400rpm, AMD Radeon HD 8870M 2GB DDR3, DVD+/-RW, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 1x 10/100 Ethernet, Web Camera 1MP, USB3.0,HDMI, Linux Ubuntu 12.04

• I downloaded the right file, and i have the same laptop.

• I would say the problem is the Windows version then. :/

It doesn't make too much sense, but who knows...

• It can be. itunes started this, and it doesn't work for him too. He also has win 8.1

Other problem: Cannot install ATI driver. I get black screen. However, i only need the Control Center to set up for a game to run it with ATI cardy, not with Intel HD Card. I installed it without driver (Only the catalyst control center). It says: Catalyst Control Center can't run.

Do i have to uninstall windows to delete 8.1 and use only 8? 

• My suggestion would be - clean install of Windows 8 to begin with. Format disk, install Windows 8 (if that's an option) and try to install downloaded files again. It would surprise me if it wouldn't work on Windows 8. I managed to install ATI drivers - my Device Manager is clean without any warnings or problems.

• Thanks, everything is fine now. I installed windows 8, and wifi works well. (And ATI driver too)

• Hi Josko/ Filip,

The drivers for Windows 8 Operating system has been uploaded in the support website. You may download all the required drivers by clicking on the following link. Enter the system service tag and click Submit and select the Operating system from the drop down list to get drivers for your system model:

http://dell.to/14Xsnmd

Revert for further queries.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Now everything works great. Thanks you all!

• hi I have same problem with WI-FI - my dell its 5737 - I try all method from above, but i have same problem - with network controller in windows 8.1

Please can anyone to help me

Thanks

• May I ask you, aenimae, how your wi-fi works under ubuntu 12.04? Mine seems to experience several problems all the time... Any ideas?

I have the original (Dell-embedded) 12.04 of my machine installed and I fear of the possible problems if I turn to another version...

• Hi!

Sorry, but the laptop wasn't mine - I was just setting it up for a friend. As far as I know, she doesn't have any problems with wi-fi, and I tried a couple of versions of Ubuntu (12 and 13, as I recall). Could you write what kind of problems are you experiencing?

I believe I'll soon delete everything and set up dual boot with Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint - hopefully it will go easier then the Windows 8 and Ubuntu combination - she's not quite satisfied with current setup (she needs Mint for her work).

• For Inspiron 3737 neither the drivers for Win7 x64 are working.

Though have installed all software, when it comes to Bluetooth and Wireless card it says that you need to turn it on. Turned it on already using keyboard shortcut, but no luck.

Appreciate your help.

Stefan

• +1 to that. I have the same problem in a new laptop. I just downloaded driver for windows 7 x64 and I get an error :

"Activate Bluetooth using Wireless Switch"

Bluetooth is activated. I deactivated and activated again with Fn+F2 and nothing happens.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance.

• Just managed to solve it this morning. Installed Bluetooth and wireless on Win7 x64 SP1.

Am putting bellow the link that helped me out, just that Google finds it better. It is in Romanian, will tell you its essence, worse case you goggle translate it.

http://www.mygarage.ro/pc-mechanics/177705-rezolvat-dell-3737-driver-problems-wifi.html

It is good that you have managed to install the software that makes the Dell Keyboard shortcuts work.

Right click on My computer, go to Device Manager.

Inside Device Manager go to Network Controller. Right click ->Properties, go to details, and from Details select from drop down menu the Hardware ID's.

Knowing your hardware ID, go to this web site and download the appropriate software.

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/unoff...ireless-cards/

The web site says that there are some prerequisites

Windows 7 → Service Pack 1* → KB2775511** → Dell System Software → Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility***

SP1 was installed, found easily everything except Windows update KB2775511 - did not manage to grab hold of it from anywhere, neither check if it was installed, but gave it a try without it or without knowing for sure that it was installed. But gave it a try.

Selected the closest hardware ID that I could think of, as there was not really a 100% match. It stated working even before installation of the software was finished.

My laptop's service tag is <removed to protect your privacy>, am putting it also inside the answer to help others. 

Let me know if you managed to solve it.

Cheers,

SN 

My laptop, service 

• StefanNovak

Just managed to solve it this morning. Installed Bluetooth and wireless on Win7 x64 SP1.

Am putting bellow the link that helped me out, just that Google finds it better. It is in Romanian, will tell you its essence, worse case you goggle translate it.

http://www.mygarage.ro/pc-mechanics/177705-rezolvat-dell-3737-driver-problems-wifi.html

It is good that you have managed to install the software that makes the Dell Keyboard shortcuts work.

Right click on My computer, go to Device Manager.

Inside Device Manager go to Network Controller. Right click ->Properties, go to details, and from Details select from drop down menu the Hardware ID's.

Knowing your hardware ID, go to this web site and download the appropriate software.

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/unoff...ireless-cards/

The web site says that there are some prerequisites

Windows 7 → Service Pack 1* → KB2775511** → Dell System Software → Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility***

SP1 was installed, found easily everything except Windows update KB2775511 - did not manage to grab hold of it from anywhere, neither check if it was installed, but gave it a try without it or without knowing for sure that it was installed. But gave it a try.

Selected the closest hardware ID that I could think of, as there was not really a 100% match. It stated working even before installation of the software was finished.

My laptop's service tag is <removed to protect your privacy>, am putting it also inside the answer to help others. 

Let me know if you managed to solve it.

Cheers,

SN 

My laptop, service 

Stefannovak I'm glad my page managed to help you however theres another page I wrote which is designed to explain the first step of checking the hardware IDs see below:

Checking Hardware IDs:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

Dell Wireless Cards Hardware IDs:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-wireless-cards/

Its the same website (renamed from PhilipYip to DellWindowsReinstallationGuide). I have put in a lot more detailed instructions in finding the hardware IDs.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.