Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Win 7 x64 Driver

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Win 7 x64 Driver

This question is answered

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Inspiron 15R (5537) that come with Windows 8. I install Windows 7 64 bits for compatibility with my other program and I couldn't get any drivers for this OS. Is the drivers for Windows 8 compatible for Windows 7? Or I need to get those drivers else where?

System Model number: Inspiron 15R 5537
Operating System   : Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits

Thanks in advance =)

Verified Answer
  • Thanks for the reply.

I am not downgrading the Windows 8, I am dual booting Windows 8 and Windows 7. Besides, I am able to run the Windows 7, but just without the driver.

In the support.dell.com, the only driver provided for 5537 win 7 is 'Dell Digital Delivery', which I feel that is not related.

Thanks again for reply. =)

• Thanks for all the help!

The drivers for Windows 8 is mostly compatible for the Windows 7 I am using.

However, the wireless network module drivers is not compatible,  but I manage to get this driver thats work fine:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01502231M/2/DW1703_DW1705_W7_A00_Setup-GMW8T_ZPE.exe

The Windows 7 works fine for now, and no more drivers issue.

Thanks again for everyone helps.

All Replies
  • I removed the driver's 8850m and the boot was 'normal' :(

• Try installing the driver via device manager without any additional ATI software.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• I try... no work :(

• Hi,

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 from abroad. I was come by pre installed windows 8. Than I re-installed windows 8 pro 64-bit. its successfully installed but  I cant install wifi driver now. the dirvers I downloaded from dell .

now what should i do?

• Provide the hardware IDs of your wireless card, there are several variants for this model.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• I had a question for you.

I just went ahead and installed almost all of the driver updates for my new 5537 Inspiron 15R, but once I installed the Ethernet adapter driver, my wireless no longer worked and I could not set up a new connection. I had to do a system restore to get it back to the state it was in before I updated the drivers. I'm going to do the updates again but I was just wondering...why does the Ethernet driver disable my wireless and why was I not able to disable it to enable the wireless adapter (which seemed to have disappeared)?

• tru89golfer

I had a question for you.

I just went ahead and installed almost all of the driver updates for my new 5537 Inspiron 15R, but once I installed the Ethernet adapter driver, my wireless no longer worked and I could not set up a new connection. I had to do a system restore to get it back to the state it was in before I updated the drivers. I'm going to do the updates again but I was just wondering...why does the Ethernet driver disable my wireless and why was I not able to disable it to enable the wireless adapter (which seemed to have disappeared)?

What is shown under network controllers in device manager before and after the driver updates. See here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

Philip Yip