Forums

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

windows live essentials loop

This question is not answered

Running a Dell Inspiron N5050 with Windows 7 HP 64bit I type “windows live essentials” into the search field and the only hit is “Go online to Get Windows Live Essentials”.  I go online, click download now, save wlsetup-web.exe, run the exe, from dialog box I select “Install all of Windows Live Essentials (recommended)”, and immediately a dialog box says: “Done! Windows Live Essentials is installed.  To start using Windows Live Essentials, click Close”.  I click close, and the dialog box closes.

Then I type “windows live essentials” into the search field and the only hit is “Go online to Get Windows Live Essentials”.  I go online, click download now, save wlsetup-web.exe, run the exe, from dialog box I select “Install all of Windows Live Essentials (recommended)”, and immediately a dialog box says: “Done! Windows Live Essentials is installed.  To start using Windows Live Essentials, click Close”.  I click close, and the dialog box closes.

Then I type “windows live essentials” into the search field and the only hit is “Go online to Get Windows Live Essentials”.  I go online, click download now, save wlsetup-web.exe, run the exe, from dialog box I select “Install all of Windows Live Essentials (recommended)”, and immediately a dialog box says: “Done! Windows Live Essentials is installed.  To start using Windows Live Essentials, click Close”.  I click close, and the dialog box closes.

How do I get out of this loop?

Smile

All Replies
  • If you go to start is there a Windows Live folder? i.e. don't search for it.

Also go to start > Computer > Uninstall or Change a Program. Is Windows Live Essentials there? If so remove it and restart your computer. You may also want to clear any temporary files with ccleaner. Then try the reinstall.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Many thanks for your kind reply.

Unfortunately I posted my question in the middle of the night your time (I am in Australia), and being a tad impatient, I installed Thunderbird instead.

From memory I am sure I had a good hunt for Windows Live in the Start Menu, and in the list of installed programs, and could not find it.  I no longer have the computer just now, but if it comes back, I’ll have another look.

Thanks again.