Forums

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

base system device driver

This question is not answered

i have recentally installed windows 7 (32 bit) in my studio xps M1645. but i am finding 3 un-installed drivers in my device manager. these drivers are found under the tab of ''other devices''. and their captions in device manager are:

base system device (Code 28) Location: PCI bus 9, device 0, function 1

base system device (Code 28) Location: PCI bus 9, device 0, function 2

unknown device (code 28) Location: on Intel(R) PM55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B03

i tried to download it but i dont know which drivers i should have to install. kindly help me in this regard. i'll be very thank full to you. 

All Replies
  • Notebook System Software

chipset driver

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• well i asked this question regarding DELL STUDIO XPS 1645.

so kindly tell me the solution for this make. thanks.

• What he meant was that you need to download and install the Notebook System Software (under System Utilities on the Drivers and Downloads page of support.dell.com), then the chipset.  These must be installed before installing any other drivers and usually provide support for "base system devices", such as USB and the PCI bus.

NSS:

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Chipset:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

• i tried to follow the steps but when i try to run system software it gives me following massage:

''cannot download the application.the application is missing the required files.contact application vendor for assistance''. so what should i do now?

• and when i followed the link that you have pasted in ur massage for chipset, it gives me the msg that i already have a newer version of that driver.and its the older one.so?

• Windows 7 32-bit is not "officially" supported by Dell (only 64-bit) ... the NSS link I gave you was for a different machine that does support 32-bit.  If it will not run, skip it and install the chipset drivers.

• ok.but can u tell me which drivers should i install for chipset.there r many chipset drivers there in the list. some of which i have already installed.so......?

• There are only two drivers listed under "chipset" ... the actual chipset driver and the Ricoh card reader driver.  The Dell chipset package in that list is designed for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, so it should work.  If not, try getting it from Intel's website (you can run the scanner to find and update all your devices).  If that doesn't work, I think you will need to try reinstalling again, after checking your disk for errors (Dell Diagnostics) and fully formatting your disk.

• thanks a lot...this time it worked :-)

[Ricoh-Driver R227769.exe (4MB) ] was the missing one.

thanks again

• No problem ... glad you got it sorted :)

• R227769 worked like a charm after I thought I had tried everything to get the driver for base system device PCI bus 9, device 0, function 1 (and function 2). Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

• I recently just formatted a Precision M6300 and installed Windows 7 on it.  I was having this issue which is why I read this forum.  I noticed that it's still not answered.  I actually found a driver that works on the Resource CD that came with the system.  It's the Ricoh Card Reader driver.  But the CD obviously doesn't contain Windows 7 drivers.  But the Vista x64 driver works just fine.  Hope this helps someone!

Cheers!

•  

Double_A1987

I recently just formatted a Precision M6300 and installed Windows 7 on it.  I was having this issue which is why I read this forum.  I noticed that it's still not answered.  I actually found a driver that works on the Resource CD that came with the system.  It's the Ricoh Card Reader driver.  But the CD obviously doesn't contain Windows 7 drivers.  But the Vista x64 driver works just fine.  Hope this helps someone!

Cheers!

The Windows 7 driver is here:

http://ftp.dell.com/chipset/Ricoh_R5C833_A00_R240788.exe

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.