Forums

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

XP Drivers for New Vostro 360 All-In_One

This question is answered

My employer just ordered the brand new Vostro 360's for one of our sites. We're still working in an XP environment and don't plan to upgrade to W7 for a while so that brings me to our problem. I can't find all of the drivers for windows xp. Dell doesnt have them on their site but I managed to find a few on different vendor sites.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and managed to find all of the drivers? If so, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Im currently missing drivers for the following devices listed in the device manager. Network Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller and USB2.0-CRW.

I tried searching by their device ID's with no luck. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Have you reinstalled the Intel motherboard chipset drivers?  That may help the situation.  The problem is, the Vostro has current technology hardware and there is no "old technology" hardware drivers.  As you must have XP, you would have been better off buying some older or refurbished units that do support XP.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Yes, I have found the chipset driver. It took care of a lof of the drivers but the the three I listed are still missing. Im sure that the drivers will show up sooner or later but I need them asap. I wasn't involved in this purchase at all and my company always wants the "latest and greatest". These werent tested at all before the purchase so of course it ended up on my desk.

• I've been where you are - I hear ya.  Just make sure to inform (at least plant the seed) the higher-ups that either don't listen or don't ask the IT guy first before purchasing, that some modern hardware is simply NOT compatible with XP.  XP is not a "modern" OS, and the incompatibilities will only continue to worsen.

Network:

support.dell.com/.../download.aspx

What are the Hardware DEV and VEN ID's of the other devices?  (Device Manager - right-click unknown device, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids.)

• Thanks....I already had the Realtek RTL8111E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver. That allowed me to get to the internet but in the device manager, it still lists the "Network Controller" driver as missing. Below are the entire device ID's of the missing drivers.

Network Controller - PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_02041028&REV_01\4&C702080&0&00E2

PCI Simple Communications Controller - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_05121028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0

USB2.0-CRW - USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0139\20100201396000000

• Atheros Network Controller:

support.dell.com/.../download.aspx

For the others, I would start by seeing what Intel can find for you:

www.intel.com/.../detect

• I finally found them. While in the device manager, I looked at the drop down box and searched for all of the COMPATIBLE ID's. When searching for the exact Driver ID they sometimes don't come up as we all know. The Compatible ID's give a list of alternate drivers that work for the same for that particular piece of hardware. I appreciate you helping me out. Problem 1.....solved! Problem 2.....installing every single program that they'll use onsite and create an image with GHOST. Its going to be a looooong week. Thanks again.

• Were you able to boot the 360 for ghost casting? If so could you explain how you became successful?

Thanks!

• Hi, I am having the same problem. Looking for compatible XP drivers for the Vostro 360. Could you paste the web links of where you were able to download the compatible XP drivers for the Vostro 360. Would be greatly appreciate!! THANKS!!
  • I do apologize Roboman but I do not have the links. Do you have an FTP that I can upload them to? I have them but I didnt save the exact place where I downloaded them.

• Unfortunately, I do not have a FTP site. Are you familiar with DropBox or 4Shared?  We could use these free file sharing websites. Or if you have any other suggestions, just let me know.  Been trying to find XP drivers for this Vostro 360 for a while now.

Thanks!!!!

• Which drivers are you looking for ... they should be easy enough to find on the Internet.

• I'm uploading the files to my Dropbox account now. I'll send you a link as soon as its done.

• Whats your email address. Im assuming you're using xp 32 bit so I left out any folders referencing the 64bit files. Dropbox doesnt allow full folder uploads so I had to rebuild the folders exactly as I have them. Post your email address and I'll send you a link.

• Yes, I am using XP 32bit. My email address is [ADMIN NOTE: Email address removed per privacy policy]. THANKS!

• Which drivers are you looking for ... they should be easy enough to find on the Internet.