Base System Device drivers for Inspiron 1526

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Base System Device drivers for Inspiron 1526

This question is answered

I recently installed Windows 7 on my Inspiron 1526. All the drivers were installed correctly but the 'Base System Device' driver couldn't be installed. I tried the 'Search Automatically for the updated driver software' option but no driver could be found. My research says that this driver is specific to Intel based machines, mine is an AMD based machine. Let me know if I am correct. If not then where can I find the 'Base System Device' driver?

Verified Answer
  • try Loading THIS driver.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

All Replies
  • try Loading THIS driver.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks a lot. This has fixed the problem.

• You are welcome glad to have helped.

Forum member since 2003

• I recently installed Windows 7 on my Inspiron E1405. All the drivers were installed correctly but the 'Base System Device' driver couldn't be installed, it has a question mark. I tried the 'Search Automatically for the updated driver software' option but no driver could be found. where can I find the 'Base System Device' driver? and my second question is that since I installed Window 7, do I have to install all the drivers that orginally came with may machine again?  Every is working fine, no problems except missing the above mention driver.

thanks

• Did you download and install the one I linked to in the solution? My guess it is the same one.

No unless you have a ! ? or X next to your driver you are ok and do not need to install any more.

Forum member since 2003

• By loading "THIS" driver referenced above I was also able to fix the same issue on my Inspiron 6400/E1505. (Turns out the driver works for several Ricoh devices with very similar model numbers according to the notice during the install process.)

• Hi.. I'm using vostro 1088 with windows7 32bit and facing the same problems regarding BASE SYSTEM DEVICE driver... Where can I find the driver for this issue?? Thank's

• Try THIS ONE

Forum member since 2003

• Hi I am having the same issue excpet now it appears the driver has been moved.  Could someone kindly tell me the name of the driver or help me find the new link?

Thanks in advance.

• For what model and Operating System?

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• For the Inspiron 1526 and Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit R166188.EXE should be the one. It will work also with Windows 7.

For the Inspiron 1526 and Windows 7 32 bit see here.

For the Inspiron 1526 and Windows 7 64 bit see here.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• I am also facing the same "Base System Device problem" in Windows .My laptop is Dell Vostro 1088.and I cannot find the "THIS" driver anymore.Please help me...

• mesom

I am also facing the same "Base System Device problem" in Windows .My laptop is Dell Vostro 1088.and I cannot find the "THIS" driver anymore.Please help me...

Dell has revamped their support page and a lot of the older links in older posts do not work correctly anymore. What version of windows are you running?

Forum member since 2003

• I have been updating some of my unofficial driver sets wikies also. The old wikies are being removed and the updated drivers from my post are here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/4253.unofficial-windows-7-drivers-for-unsupported-but-capable-systems-direct-links.aspx

Philip Yip

• I am using windows 8.