when will dell start selling computers with windows 7 installed?

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

when will dell start selling computers with windows 7 installed?

This question is not answered

The reason I asked when dell will start selling computers with win 7 installed, because Home Shoppping network started selling gateway laptops last night (10/03/2009)  with win 7.    

Ignore this post.        Found out on youtube this computer is being shipped on October 22nd.

Sale Price: $749.90

Be one of the first to enjoy the brand new Microsoft Windows 7 in the powerful and sleek Gateway NV 15.6" Windows 7 Dual Core Laptop Computer with Platinum Shield. It's designed to impress with its potent blend of Dual Core performance, stylish flair and energy efficiency. Enjoy cinematic 16:9 viewing, revolutionary one-touch controls and an HDMI port that lets you connect to your TV and watch movies on the big screen. Plus, its smooth, glossy cover with hex-print pattern, refined silver trim and rounded edging keeps everyone's head turning. Indulge in entertainment and advanced technology - all in one envious little bundle. 

Gateway NV 15.6" Windows 7 Dual Core Laptop Computer with Platinum Shield Features:

• Pre-Installed new Windows 7 - get the latest operating system from Microsoft
  • Gateway Platinum Shield Bundle - get Windows 7 Training DVD, McAfee 2-Year VirusScan Plus, 2-Year Warranty, Exclusive Toll Free # Support and Lifetime Online Support
  • 4GB RAM - enjoy lightning-fast processing speed for running multiple programs at once
  • 250GB hard drive - enjoy vast amounts of space for all of your pictures, videos, songs and important documents
  • Integrated 1.3MP webcam - see and speak to your friends and family both near and far with great quality
  • Cinematic 16:9 viewing - watch movies in HD right on your laptop
  • DDR2 memory and dedicated graphics - ideal for gaming and digital editing
  • Current and next-generation draft-n wireless - keeps you linked in and connected
  • HDMI port - connect to your TV to watch movies (HDMI cable sold separately)
  • Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor - provides leading-edge performance and speed; work or play with multiple programs without any stalling or waiting
  • 15.6" Ultrabright LED-backlight display - provides sunlight readability; see the screen from any angle
  • MyBackup Button - duplicates files easily; no need for a third-party option
  • PowerSave Key - extends your fun by saving battery power when computer is idle
  • Touchpad Lock - locks the mousepad so you have complete control
  • Numeric keypad - ideal for users who have to punch a lot of numbers into spreadsheets
  • Capacitive-touch launch keys - get instant access to common functions with these 1-touch buttons; reduces button clutter

Pre-Installed Windows 7 Features:

• HomeGroup - makes it easy to automatically start sharing your music, picture, video and document libraries with networked computers in your home; password-protected option lets you decide what gets shared and what stays private
  • Jump Lists - get speedy access to your favorite pictures, songs, websites and documents; for example, automatically remembers and provides last pages viewed 
  • Snap - a quick and fun new way to resize and compare windows on your desktop
  • Windows Search - find virtually anything on your PC, instantly
  • Windows Taskbar - better thumbnail previews, easier-to-see icons and more ways to customize
  • Play To - play your media on other PCs, stereos, or TVs around the house
  • Remote Media Streaming - share music, video and more with other PCs and devices on your home network using streaming technology
  • Windows Touch - pair Windows 7 with a touchscreen to go without a keyboard or mouse

Key Specifications: 

• Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4300 2.10GHz
  • Memory: 4096MB Dual-Channel DDR2 667MHz (not upgradeable)
  • Hard Drive: 250GB SATA (5400RPM)
  • Optical Drive: 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive - Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (DL), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM. Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM.
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
  • LCD Monitor: 15.6" HD WXGA Ultrabright LED-backlit display; 1366 x 768 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio
  • Media Card Reader: Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader - Secure Digital (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)
  • Other Differentiators: Integrated webcam, 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room Audio, Dedicated Numeric Keypad and HDMI port

Additional Product Specifications:

• System Bus: 800MHz
  • Cache Memory: 1MB L2 cache
  • Graphics: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
  • Video Memory: Up to 1695MB of Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 supporting Microsoft Direct X 10
  • Pointing device: Gateway EZ Pad touchpad
  • Sound System: 2 Built-in Speakers with 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room Audio Enhancement, featuring Dolby Headphone, Dolby Natural Bass, Dolby Sound Space Expander; (1) Headphone/speaker jack, (1) Microphone-in Jack
  • Modem: 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem (RJ-11 port)
  • Network Adapter: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
  • Wireless Network Adapter: 802.11 b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi Certified
  • Ports: (4) USB 2.0, (1) HDMI, (1) VGA Connector, (1) Kensington Lock Slot, (1) AC Adapter Connector
  • Battery Life: Up to 3 hours and 30 minutes 
  • Color: Midnight blue 
  • Measures approx. 14.7"W x 1.5"H x 9.9" in diameter
  • Weighs 5.84 lbs.
  • Model #: NV5432u
  • UL listed
  • Made in China
  • Comes with a manufacturer's 2-year limited warranty

Accessories Include:

• Gateway Platinum Shield Bundle (Windows 7 Training DVD, McAfee 2-Years VirusScan Plus, 2-Year Warranty, Exclusive Toll Free # Support, Lifetime Online Support)
  • PC Essential software DVD
  • 6-cell Lithium-ion battery
  • Power adapter
  • Power cord
  • Quick start guide

Pre-Installed Software:

• Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student 2007 (60-day trial period)
  • Microsoft Money Essentials 2007
  • Adobe Reader
  • Adobe Flash
  • CyberLink DVD Solution featuring Power DVD and Power2Go
  • Google Toolbar
  • Google Desktop
  • eBay Desktop Shortcut
  • EarthLink
  • Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial period)
  • Gateway MyBackup Solution
  • Gateway Recovery Management
  • Gateway Games Powered by: WildTangent (pre-installed with 10 demo games and 60 minutes of game play)

PC Essentials Software DVD (User-Installed):

• 2009 World Book Encyclopedia, ACDSee Photo Manager 2009, Aquazone Desktop Garden, Cookn' with Betty Crocker, Digital TV 4 PC 2, Family Tree Heritage, Hallmark Scrapbook Studio Deluxe, Honestech Easy Video Editor 3.0, Hoyle Card Games, Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games, NovaBACKUP 10, Stuffit Deluxe 2009, Sunbird Calendar, Thunderbird Email, TurboFloorPlan 3D Home and Landscape

Typical delivery estimates:

• Super Express delivery: 2 business days
  • Express delivery: 4 business days
  • Standard delivery: 10 business days
  • White glove deliveries will be scheduled, at your convenience, within 15 business days.
All Replies
  • Hi egog, The last I heard it will not be until Windows 7 go on sale, and thats not until 22th Oct.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• egog,

Is this computer sold as an advance order after October 22, 2009?

• I went into hsn.com this morning and the computer was sold out., thats where I copied the specs.  They were selling in 3 colors red, blue and brown. I bought win 7 from amazon for the $49.99 special. It will ship on or after Oct 22. The way the hsn deal "appeared as they were sending out the computers as you purchased them" I  was wondering if anyone saw this special on hsn. I wish I called yesterday  to verify the ship date, because the never said anything about shipping on or after Oct 22nd.  The reason I asked when dell was shipping I thought they may be starting early.  Thanks for the info  

I went on you tube and found the airing of the program and the computer is being shipped on Oct 22nd. So no big deal everyone is shipping on Oct 22nd.  Sorry for the misinformation.