ERROR "ISB110 SBE LOg Disable" IN PE 2850

Servers

Servers
Information and ideas on Dell PowerEdge rack, tower and blade server solutions.

ERROR "ISB110 SBE LOg Disable" IN PE 2850

• PE 2850 TAG:
    THE AMBAR LIGHT IS FLASHING AND IN THE DISPLAY:"ISB110 SBE LOg Disable"
    I SEARCH THIS MESSAGE IN THE PE2850 MANUAL , NOT FOUND , IN THE WEB , NOT FOUND TOO.
    THANKS

• Too many single bit memory errors. Try reseating the memory and clearing the logs, then monitor to see if the errors return.
  • BTW, what is procedure to "clear the log"?
    Thanks!
  • Hi, I have exactly the same message on a Dell Poweredge 2850 "IB110 SBE Log Disabled" and I cannot find in any of the documentation anything relating to this. If anybody can provide any assistance on this it would be greatly appreaciated. Cheers

Message Edited by Cybersi on 03-10-2006 03:07 AM

• Hi,
    I also have the same message on a PE 2850 "IB110 SBE Log Disabled".  Could someone post the results of re-seating the mem DIMMS.  Did that resolve the issue?  Any other suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

• sinatopia wrote:
    BTW, what is procedure to "clear the log"?
    Thanks!

You clear the log in the Server Administrator console. Log into the Server Administrator, highlight "system" on the left hand column. Then go to the "Logs" Tab and in the top menu of that page you'll see several options, including "Clear Log". To answer the other question, I've reseated the memory and while the server shows no problems one one the dimms is still causing errors to be logged in the ESM Log. Looks like I'll be replacing a dimm soon.
  • I tried re-seating the DIMMS - still have the error message after powering up again. Any other suggestions?

• Did you clear the log as stated in a prvious post? If the log is not cleared, the message will keep appearing. 

• I don't have Server Administrator installed, the Utility partition is gone, and wasn't able to find any info on what the URL is for the Online vertsion - do you now what it is? 

• i do not have the administrator installed either. any response to what the online options are or how to clear the log?

• You can install it.  What OS are you using?  If you have a DRAC installed, you can clear the logs through it, but every time you boot up, the count will start, and within seconds or minutes it will fill up the SBE log again and you'll get that error.  Which DIMM is being implicated by the message?

• only says Log is disabled. server 2003.

• www.dell.com/.../poweredge-2850

Download and run to extract the files, then run C:\Openmanage\windows\setup.exe.  Choose Custom and make sure that Storage Management is installed.

To clear the log, click on System, then go to the Logs tab, making sure the sub-tab says Hardware, make a note of any other errors in the log in recent days (does it say there which DIMM it is?), then Clear.  I would also check the Memory section to see if one of the DIMM's is marked as bad.

• will not install error: operating system o service pack not supported

is there any other way to correct error

• You will need to install SP2 in order to install OMSA.

You could try clearing it from the diagnostics CD:

Type:

mpmemory –ptech -tlogclr