Rail Kit for PowerEdge R200

Servers

Servers
Information and ideas on Dell PowerEdge rack, tower and blade server solutions.

Rail Kit for PowerEdge R200

This question is answered

I ordered Ready Rails from Dell last week.  I have a PowerEdge R200 server and actually ordered 2 sets since I have a few of those servers.  The rails they sent were Item #330-6301 or the box says PN #0C597M.  These don't seem to be for the R200 server as the knobs on the server are too large for the rails to attach too, they line up perfect, but it just seems like it's wrong.  My dell rep checked and was told these are the right ones, just wondering if anyone knows of a different set of rails that will work for this server? 

Verified Answer
  • Wow, I feel like a really big bonehead right about now. So the part numbers on my other post are still correct, and the rails for the R210ii will not work on the R200 (as you already found out). i called our spare parts dept and they told me what I show above, that FJ451 and GJ181 were the rails kits for the R200. I called 866-456-0827, the automated voice said what do I need, and I said "parts". Then it said for for home or business use, and I said Business, then it asked if I was calling on behalf of a business with less than 10 employees and I said Yes. I was connected to Ann, and she confirmed we have (4) of the FJ451 and (7) of the GJ181. if  you have customer number, you might get routed to a different place, but we have the rails for sure. Do you know what part number they are sending you?

All Replies
  • That sku and part number dont look right to me, this is what I see when I look that system  up.

FJ451 Rail Kit, Rapid Sliding Rails KIT,

GJ181 Rail Kit, Versa Sliding Rails KIT

K9567 Rail Kit, 2 Post Static Rails KIT

X7828 Rail Kit, Rapid Static Rails KIT,

X7831 Rail Kit, Versa Static Rails KIT,

• Ok, I am seeing if I can get that from Dell, I will let you know.  My Dell rep says they are no longer available by Dell, but that a third party sells them and they can get them that way.  Seems odd...but I will see.

• I was not in the office yesterday, so I could not verify this, but C597M is the rail kit for the R210II. The 210II rails will work just fine on the R210. The important part here is that the rail kit is not intuitive, the rails are in 4 pieces and need to be done a little differently. First, you should have (2) of part nunber C611M, these rails will go on the server itself, BEFORE trying to slide the server into the rack mounted piece of the rails. Now, there should be two other rails, part number D419M is the right side rail that should be mounted in the rack, and Y819K should be mounted on the left side of the rack. Then you can slide the server (with its rail pieces) into the rails that are mounted in the rack.

• I have a R200 Poweredge, not a R210, and I think that's where the problem lies.  Dell is shipping me a different set of rails to try, so I will see if they fit (and post the part #) in case it comes up in the future.  It seems easy enough, just the rails that attach to the server itself have too small of holes to be able to mount and then slide to lock in.  

• Wow, I feel like a really big bonehead right about now. So the part numbers on my other post are still correct, and the rails for the R210ii will not work on the R200 (as you already found out). i called our spare parts dept and they told me what I show above, that FJ451 and GJ181 were the rails kits for the R200. I called 866-456-0827, the automated voice said what do I need, and I said "parts". Then it said for for home or business use, and I said Business, then it asked if I was calling on behalf of a business with less than 10 employees and I said Yes. I was connected to Ann, and she confirmed we have (4) of the FJ451 and (7) of the GJ181. if  you have customer number, you might get routed to a different place, but we have the rails for sure. Do you know what part number they are sending you?

• The order confirmation says A0137220 for the part number.  That seems like fixed rails, grr.. frustrating something that seems easy on my end to call and say" I need a rapid rail kit for a poweredge R200"...  

• yep, looks wrong to me too....

• Dell-Rey G, thanks for your help.  I called in to spare parts, and they said they didn't have any but could request it, and they are requesting the same part # that you put FJ451, so I'll just wait and see.  I forget that Dell people can't all sell the same types of products, and so I had a dell rep who can only sell new things trying to sell me the part and that was complicating matters.  

• Didnt have any???  Do you recall the name of the person you talked to, I would like to speak to them.

• Sorry, I posted the info but apparently that was a violation of privacy, so that post was removed from the forum by an admin.  

• I just got an email back this morning:

Hi,

I just a  got a feedback, the request has been denied.

Reason : “EOL” (end of life).  Which means we don’t manufacture and we don’t have parts available.

Options: You may check with other resellers or 3rd party vendors if they still have this part in stock.

Part # FJ451

• Please send me your phone number in a private message, I will try to get a parts sales rep to call you.

• I called a few different people in spare parts and they all said the same thing after checking.  However, the last lady gave me the phone # to a 3rd party Vendor (Impact Computers) which I called.  They had one available, so I ordered it from them.  I needed 2, so they put in an order for a second.  I may as well just leave it through them, my boss is going to be curious why I have so many Dell charges on his credit card and so many returns, so I think it'll be fine.

Thanks for your help, what a complicated process for such a simple task.  I just need to make sure I am calling spare parts for a part instead of sales, since their isn't a way for either of the two to see what the other sells apparently.

• You can also check with http://www.racksolutions.com/. They have rails for various racks and servers.

Member since 2003