new ARO-1302 driver killed this precision 420

Servers

Servers
Information and ideas on Dell PowerEdge rack, tower and blade server solutions.

new ARO-1302 driver killed this precision 420

• Dell announced a new ARO-1302 driver for windows 2000 last week. The old beta driver was working ok. After installing this new driver the system bluescreens on startup with an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE message. My boot disk isn't even part of the raid channel. I removed every trace of the new driver and went back to the old driver yet get the same blue screen. Can anyone recommend a fix? Thanks for any help.
  • I had a similar experience but my boot device *is* on the raid channel. Ultimately, I had to boot from a Win2K CDROM pressing f6 to load the old 1302 drivers from the floppys that come with the system. Using the repair console boot option, I then had to manually replace the new driver with the old one by copying the files from the floppy to the \system32\drivers directory.

All has worked just fine since then, and, I will be darn sure not to do that again! What a reminder for 'if it is not broken, don't fix it'.
  • I'm trying to set up my ARO-1302 and I can't seem to find a way to set up my RAID dard? Do I need the drivers in order to do this, if so where can I get them?
  • You'll need the driver files for the aro-1302.  PS looks like there is no xp support. 

D996XP00.exe - is the w2k driver(floppy with oemsetup.txt)

d5955r00.exe - nt4 same

0679tA00.exe dos level raid program floppy boot disk

What bios version does your aro-1302 have?