Ever since I upgraded to Windows 8 the idrac jnlp has been being downloaded with a long name that hides the extension. i.e. viewer.jnlp(pchxxxdb01-con@idrac-DBSDSR%2C+PowerEdge+R810+%2C+User.....) So basically the file is downloaded but won't launch due to the missing extension. The file name should only be viewer.jnlp and nothing more. The same behaviour is exhibited using IE, Firefox, or Chrome. Renaming the file to have a jnlp extension gets around the issue but is annoying to do everytime. Does anybody know if there is a setting in Java or a IDRAC update that will cure this problem?
Mentioned that it only happens on Windows8 since? Any luck other systems with Windows 7, just curious.
There are some users experiencing the same issue that you are having, but only on Chrome, which is weird that you face on both IE and Firefox too.
There's an update on the iDRAC firmware for this fix on Chrome, probably give it a try. It's for iDRAC7, hope you are using one?
Let me know how it goes.
Joey ChongGet Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)
We updated one of our servers and it seems to address the issue with the comment coming in as part of the name. It also addressed the problem with chrome not starting at all, well at least on a mac. I will have to further validate it on other browsers later today.
Great, do let us know the outcome. Hope all goes well.
Mind that if you can get a screenshot of the stated error? - I might need to on the support of Windows 8.1 in iDRAC firmware. Have you tried on a Win7 machine, does it work?
Hopefully to see the screenshot.
Thank you sir... (Yes I can open on win7/xp/ even ubuntu) I thought I saw somwhere on the Dell site that a fix was coming in March for Idrac6 users???
Also can you tell me how to get rid of the certificate errors? (We don't use certs in our lab environment...and would like to resolve those errors)
Here are the errors I see in order:
Joey, hopefully you can see the screen shots below..I tried to paste them in twice but they're not showing up when I refresh the page.
sorry for all of the attempts at posting the screenshots. I have attached a copy of the word document with the images below. (we've been living with these issues for sometime so really wanted to get your feedback on possible solutions) We use firefox/Chrome ....newest version of IE never seemed to work for us...but now nothing is working.
Thanks for the screenshots. There were great, and to know what errors you are getting.
As for the certificates, those are not errors and will not be able to be removed, as these are for network security purposes.
On the last error that you got, it might be from the Java security option. Refer to the link here: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/jcp_security.xml#control panel, and set the security to Medium.
Let me know the out come.
Sorry for the late reply.
I have tried various servers and systems here at my labs, and seems that by accepting and adding the exceptions to trusted and internal sites, there will be no prompt anymore.
Can you try clearing the SSL state and certificates in IE, and try again.
Let me know the outcome.
If you have some time to download an ISO, here's the PE2950 Server Updates in ISO, so you can burn image to a DVD and update it at a go.