DRAC6 log in and then immediately log out

Servers

Servers
Information and ideas on Dell PowerEdge rack, tower and blade server solutions.

DRAC6 log in and then immediately log out

This question is answered

I supply username/password on the login window, click submit.  The normal menus appear down the left hand side and across the top but then I am imediately logged out, back to the login screen.

Since I can't log in I don't know how to start troubleshooting this.

(I've watched the IT crowd - is it possible to turn the iDRAC off and on again without turning the server off?)

Verified Answer
  • Hi Paul,

Can you clear the browser cache and retry. If that does not work, you could update the latest iDRAC firmware (if not done already).

Thanks,

Mondeep

• Clearing the cache did the trick.  Just clearing for 'this domain' did not but clearing the entire cache dd.

All Replies
  • Paullinton,

What you would need to do is a soft reset of the drac. You can do this by running the command  racadm racreset soft. 

A Hard racreset will call for a reboot, but the soft wont. You can find the commands here - http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/dept/cron/documentation/dell-server-admin/en/DRAC_5/racugaa.htm

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• I downloaded unzipped and installed racadm but I guess it needs to be setup in some way.  Are there instructions somewhere? (What's a BMC and IPMI-related software, for starters)

C:\Users\Administrator.LINKEDTRAINING>racadm racreset soft

IMPORTANT NOTE! The RAC is unable to communicate with the BMC. This condition may occur because of (1) no BMC is present, (2) missing or disfunctional IPMI-related software components. Many RAC features depend on BMC connectivity in order to work properly, and you may see failures as a result. ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because there is no local RAC configuration to communicate with.

Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:

1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed server  2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on the     server

• I have found a 398(!) page pdf called "Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 6(iDRAC6) Enterprise for Blade Servers Version 3.5 User's Guide" and it seems that I need to install something called "Dell OpenManage Server Administrator" - is that right?  (I'm hoping I can download it from somewhere)

• I have managed to do a

racadm racreset soft

I needed to also specify -r -u and -p (obvious, really)

However, I still get the same behaviour.  Login, shows menus, logs out.

Any other options?

• Hi Paul,

Can you clear the browser cache and retry. If that does not work, you could update the latest iDRAC firmware (if not done already).

Thanks,

Mondeep

• Clearing the cache did the trick.  Just clearing for 'this domain' did not but clearing the entire cache dd.

• Paul Excellent and thanks

This worked for me too (Clearing cache, Firefox29.0 Tools/Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Cached Web Content/Clear Now).

No reboot or anything disruptive needed Big Smile