PowerEdge 2970 inaccesable boot device installing 2003 Server

Servers

Servers
Information and ideas on Dell PowerEdge rack, tower and blade server solutions.

PowerEdge 2970 inaccesable boot device installing 2003 Server

This question is not answered
Hi All,

I am in need of assistance. I have a poweredge 2970. It has a PERC5/i controller, 2 SAS HD RAID1. I boot to the 2003 server cd, press F6 and use the most current raid driver for PERC 5/i integrated Raid and run the set up, but after copying the files i get a Blue Screen saying "inaccesable boot device.." any ideas where I am going wrong???? Thanks!
All Replies
  • Install the os using the server installation cd that came with the system, it's in the cd pack. It will load all the correct drivers during setup/

• Thank you, this works fine, but in my case its not the solution! I have an acronis image from our old server and restored it to the new DELL PowerEdge. Then I tried to make a repair installation, using the server2003 CD and F6 to integrate the drivers for the PERC 5/i using my USB-Floppy. The drivers are detected and files will be copied, but then I get the error "inaccessible boot device".  I think I used the wrong drivers Tongue Tied

• One of the cd's in the pack is a drivers and diags cd. bung it in a desktop and follow the prompts, select drivers then your server and it will open a page with all the drivers for your sytem. You can get the correct drivers there.

• I've tried to browse the CD and found the drivers for the PERC 5/i controller, but  the installation ended with the same error. In all probability it was not enough to use this single driver. I tried this solution: I installed the OS with the help of the DELL DVD and found a folder named DRIVERS. I copied this folder to my USB Stick and made a new Server 2003 CD using nLite. I integrated all the drivers from the copied folder in this CD and now it works!! Thank you for your helpSmile