Some apps need to be uninstalled - DDPE not compatible with Windows 10 Feature Update 1703 (Creator's update) - Dell DSS - Security - Dell Community

Some apps need to be uninstalled - DDPE not compatible with Windows 10 Feature Update 1703 (Creator's update)

Security

Security
All things Dell Security related

Some apps need to be uninstalled - DDPE not compatible with Windows 10 Feature Update 1703 (Creator's update)

• I've reached out to our premier support email but haven't heard back all week so maybe someone can help me here? I've just requested it to be escalated so possibly I will get a response soon...

We're seeing "Some apps need to be uninstalled" - saying DDPE is not compatible with Windows 10 Feature Update 1703 (Creator's update) as per the below screenshot. Does this mean for every single DDPE encrypted laptop we're going to have to remove and re-encrypt to install this update?

• hi LbCS!

Based on how Dell Data Protection protects your data, we have worked with Microsoft to ensure that there is a block in place for applying the Feature Updates of Windows 10. We do have the ability to maintain your data's encrypted status and to progress through the Windows Feature Updates. We have a best practices article for updating Windows 10. You can get this information here:

www.dell.com/.../SLN298382

the process involves ensuring you are on a specific version of DDP | E (8.10.1 or later, though the latest version is always suggestion), and then running a single command as administrator.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need further information :)

Dale

L4 Support

Dell Data Protection | Encryption

Need Immediate help? Please call DDP |E Support @ +1.877.459.7304 Ext. 4310039

• I'm having this issue on all my Win 10 Pro endpoints who aren't at 1703. On a tester I removed PBA, uninstalled EMagent and ST, rebooted and shutdown, tried installing update again from win updates, and from my Win 10 1703 bootable USB key, still get the warning that Windows needs me to uninstall DDPE. What do I do? You say "And then running a single command as administrator", What does that mean?? What command, where, what is it, what does it do, what do you mean?

All endpoints running Win 10 Pro are running DDPE 8.12 or 8.13.

• Hi bschwartz,

The Microsoft window displaying that DDPE must be uninstalled is finding the Dell Data Protection | Encryption within the Program Files directory.

our KB article www.dell.com/.../SLN298382 details the process to prevent this block for the Windows Update.

When you encounter this screen, we will need to close the dialog box that states "Some apps need to be uninstalled" to continue.

Once this is closed, if you open a command prompt as administrator (right-click the start icon and select "Command Prompt (Administrator)" or "Windows Powershell (Administrator)" and then run the command: "WSProbe -z" (no quotes)

This will prepare the system for the Windows Feature update. If you re-run the Windows update task in teh control panel, and select the "Fix it" option if it is present (you may only need to click the "check for updates" button), then the Windows Update should proceed normally.

The versions of DDP | E that you re running should not need to be upgraded.

if this does not resolve, i would suggest opening a ticket with our support group at:

877 459 7304 ext. 4310039

Dale

L4 Support

Dell Data Protection | Encryption

Need Immediate help? Please call DDP |E Support @ +1.877.459.7304 Ext. 4310039