HDMI not working for Dell XPS 15

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

HDMI not working for Dell XPS 15

This question is not answered

Hello Guys,

I have been using a Dell XPS 15 laptop from past one year, I do not know what was wrong suddenly the HDMI cable is not working and some days later i also discovered that and USB slot beside HDMI cable is also not working.  I tried to contact "DELL" people but it seems that they have no interest in responding to their customers whose warranty period has beem expired. I have been facing lot of trouble & do not know where to seek the solution that can solve this. Can you guys please suggest me what i can do ?

All Replies
  • Hi vaas4u,

The non functional 'HDMI and USB ports' may be due to corrupt chipset/video card drivers. It may be an issue with the motherboard or daughter board (depending on the make of the laptop). I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag' and 'Account Holder's' name. I will check the system components and the make of the laptop; and will get back to you with best support options available. We may have to re-install chipset and video card drivers. I will share the download links and installation instructions once I get complete information.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurabh A
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, click Here. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• Hi vaas4u,

You mentioned in your post that the USB port besides HDMI is also not working. Adjacent to HDMI, is the 'Mini-Display port' (1) and 'Ethernet port' (3). Please go through the images of all the ports on your laptop. Please check the ports which are currently not functional.

In the mean while, please try updating the Chip-set and video drivers in the laptop. You may try using the steps listed below:

Download link for 'Chipset' driver: http://dell.to/Qf6A22
    Download link for 'Video' driver: http://dell.to/Omq7Po
    Note: Please install only one driver at a time. Restart the laptop and then install the second one.

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate
    • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to
    • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'
    • Next is Installation
    • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’
    • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'
    • In the 'Select the folder' where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK
    • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'
    • In the 'All files were successfully unzipped' window, click OK
    • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation
    • Restart your computer and re-check

If the issue persists, please try updating BIOS driver also. Please follow the steps listed below:
    Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-

• Battery should have 10% or greater charge
    • Adapter should be connected
    • No external devices should be connected
    • All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Click on the link to download and update the system BIOS:  http://dell.to/SiUvsY

• Click on “Get driver”
    • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”
    • Save the BIOS on your desktop
    • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”
    • Follow the prompts on screen to install BIOS
    • Restart your computer

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurabh A
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, click Here. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here