Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Mounting hardware for under cabinet installation

• Hi Folks,

I just purchased the W1700 LCD TV and am very impressed. I am looking for a under-cabinet swivel mount what will allow the TV to be swung up and out of the way. Does anyone know if there is already a mount on the market that is compatible with this new TV?

Thank you in advance,

Neal
  • This one by OmniMount seems to fit the bill

http://www.omnimount.com/product.asp?p=43

Don't know how much it is, but I got the articulating wall mount from Costco for $59.00

Rich

• Thanks Boykster,

I picked up the Omnimount 75/100 FD Flip Down mount, but without serious modification, this mount will not work with the W1700 monitor. The reason is two fold. The first is that the VESA100 mounting holes are recessed in a 3/4" deep hole which is used by the included stand. This prevents the 75/100 FD mount from reaching the screws. The second issue is the built in handle on the W1700. This handle will prevent any swing down mount to be used without some sort of build out. The handle is about 3.25 inches deep from the front making the minimum depth of a mount to be 4 inches!

The solution I ended with was the Sanus VM3 mount. The swivel/pan head fits inside the mounting hole, although the tilt adjust know is a little hard to get to. I used with mount in the standard side mount configuration, but as the instructions suggest, I could have mounted it as a swing down mount. The issue with this type of installation is then the LCD can only be swivelled +/- 30 degrees left and right (I needed to be able to flip the screen the other way, so the side mount worked best for me. It is also important to know that the Sanus mount requires a wall stud, although they say you can consult a professional installer for other options. The build quality is excellent, and with the thumb screws, the screen can be locked in any position. The biggest disadvantage of the Sanus mount is the lack of cable management.

Also, as an FYI, the Peerless under counter mounts looked really promising, but they are only designed to hold up to 10 lbs. Since the W1700 weighs in at 15 lbs, the Peerless under counter mounts will not work.

Hope this info and experience helps other owners of the W1700.

Good luck!

Neal