CAN I CONNECT THE XBOX TO THE LAPTOP VIA HDMI CABLE AND PLAY THE XBOX OFF THE LAPTOP SCREEN ?? PLEASE REPLY HOW TO

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

CAN I CONNECT THE XBOX TO THE LAPTOP VIA HDMI CABLE AND PLAY THE XBOX OFF THE LAPTOP SCREEN ?? PLEASE REPLY HOW TO

This question is not answered

hi i am wondering if i can connect the xbox by hdmi cable to the laptop and then the xbox would display on the laptop screen.

Im using a dell inspiron 15 i think and it does have a hdmi socket

any idea??

All Replies
  • Hi,

An HDMI cable can be used to connect the XBOX to the laptop. Please follow the steps below:
    1. Turn off your Xbox 360. Close down any programs on your laptop.
    2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the laptop and the other end to the Xbox.
    3. Turn on your Xbox 360. Your laptop should automatically sense the new device connected.

However, if you want to convert the laptop (screen) and the Xbox into a portable gaming system, you have to use high-quality video capture card.Please follow the steps below to install the video capture card:

1. Install the video capture card on your laptop.
    2. Connect the Xbox Audio/Video cables to the video capture card and plug in the power cable.
    3. Turn on your laptop and your Xbox.
    4. Install the software included with your capture card on your laptop.
    5. Start the multimedia program used by the video capture card like Windows Media Player.

You can also refer to the following link : http://bit.ly/SE1zmj

Please reply for further assistance. 

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka S
    #iworkfordell