My MP3 player is frozen

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

My MP3 player is frozen

• and I don't know what to do to make it un-frozen. It's been like this for atleast an hour, the light is on, and none of the buttons work when I press them. It's fully charged too.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm desperate!! Any help would be super! Thanks in advance!
    xxx
  • Well, I assume you have a Dell DJ...so look on the bottom for a small hole, and use a paperclip to press the button inside it.  It should reset your player and un-freeze it.  If you have another brand, look for a reset button somewhere or look in the manual for steps to reset it.
  • My god, I love you.

Thanks so much!!

• No problem...happened to me too
  • May whatever spirit you believe in BLESS YOU!:smileyhappy:

i was just about to be too through with DELL!

will this happen often? this is my first time experiencing this problem and i was wondering if the problem stems from the source of the track. meaning, music that is downloaded from a website versus music that is burned from a CD. do you know?

you're like my Dell consultant now, lol.

at any rate, THANK YOU and HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

• Well, yeah, it tends to happen a few times at the least.  I've had mine for about 3 months and have had to reset it about 4 times or so.  The last time was the most annoying, as I was on a bike ride and had no paper clip handy.  I ended up going to a nearby store and asking for a paper clip :)

I don't think it has to do with what source of music you have.  I have a mix of downloaded and ripped tracks and it can freeze while playing either kind...
  • You might want to try reading the owner's manual that came with your dj.  You would have known
    how to reset you dj with freaking out think in git was broken. There is more good info in there like how to do a disk cleanup or update your firmware.