Axim V51 power off question - PDA (Axim) Forum (Read Only) - Peripherals - Dell Community

Axim V51 power off question

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Axim V51 power off question

This question has been answered by breley

I bought my wife an Axim V51 for Christmas.  It works fine except that we can't figure out to get it to totally power off when she puts it in her purse for storage.  As soon as she puts it away, the least little movement or touch from the other stuff in her purse causes it to wake back up.  All this does is cause the battery to go down.  Every time she gets it out and tries to use it, it's dead.  I have tried holding the power button down for several seconds.  It "appears" to power off, but just goes into standby mode.  Any ideas?  thanks.

David

Verified Answer
  • David, assuming the X51 has a similar OS schema as the X51v, you can go to Start-->Settings-->System tab--> Power-->Power Button tab (may need to scroll to the right on the tabs to see it), then select Full Power Off.  Now holding down the Power button for a couple of seconds should give you a prompt to actually power off the device instead of merely dimming/turning off the display.

Studio XPS 16 / Intel Core 2 Duo P8600/ 4GB DDR3 / 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3670 / 64-bit Vista & Ubuntu

All Replies
  • David, assuming the X51 has a similar OS schema as the X51v, you can go to Start-->Settings-->System tab--> Power-->Power Button tab (may need to scroll to the right on the tabs to see it), then select Full Power Off.  Now holding down the Power button for a couple of seconds should give you a prompt to actually power off the device instead of merely dimming/turning off the display.

Studio XPS 16 / Intel Core 2 Duo P8600/ 4GB DDR3 / 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3670 / 64-bit Vista & Ubuntu