unable to connect to internet with Axim x50v - PDA (Axim) Forum (Read Only) - Peripherals - Dell Community

unable to connect to internet with Axim x50v

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

unable to connect to internet with Axim x50v

This question is not answered

Bought a used never been used x50v.

I have an Avim x50v, and also a wireless Linksys router. I cannot figure out how

to connect to the internet Manual is useless to a first time user.

Is there anyone that can give me a start?

All Replies
  • kd13,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Try the steps below for whatever type connection you are using.

"Wi-Fi 802.11b Connection"

1.  Tap StartSettings

2.  Tap the Connections tab.

3.  Tap Network Cards.

4.  Choose either Internet or Work from the drop down box.

5.  Choose the network card that is used to connect to the network. For the Axim X50/X50v with built-in wireless choose Dell Axim X50/X50v WLAN Wireless Adapter

6.  Choose whether the network card will receive an IP address automatically or assign an IP address.

7.  Enter the Server IP addresses if needed.

8.  Tap OK.

"Wireless Network is Broadcasting SSID"

1.  Press the wireless button to enable wireless capability. The wireless radio signal is disabled from the factory. There should be a green led in the right top corner of the Axim X50/X50v indicating that wireless is functional.

2.  Tap Start=>Settings.

3.  Tap the Connections tab.

4.  To add, edit or delete a profile, tap Network Cards.

5.  On the Configure Wireless Networks screen, select one of the available network names.

6.  Tap OK

"Wireless Network is Not Broadcasting SSID"

The Configure Wireless Networks screen will only show wireless networks that are broadcasting a Network Name (SSID) and wireless networks that have been added. If the network is not listed it will need to be added. Contact the network administrator to obtain need information.

• SSID (network name)
    • Authentication
    • Data Encryption
    • Keys or if the key is provided automatically
    • Login if necessary

The Configure Wireless Networks screen will only show wireless networks that are broadcasting a Network Name (SSID) and wireless networks that have been added. If the network is not listed it will need to be added. Contact the network administrator to obtain need information.

• SSID (network name)
    • Authentication
    • Data Encryption
    • Keys or if the key is provided automatically
    • Login if necessary

1.  From the Configure Wireless Networks screen, tap Add new.

2.  Provide the Network Name (SSID).

3.  Select either Internet or Work for Connects To box.

• Selecting Internet will allow you to connect to your network but you will have to manually start a VPN connection if needed.
    • Selecting Work will automatically start a VPN connection any time the network is connected to.
    • If you are having trouble connecting to your network, change the Connects To box to Internet.

4.  Tap Network Key tab.

5.  Select the Authentication and Data Encryption. If a key is needed, enter the network key.

6.  Select 802.1x tab.

7.  Depending on the Authentication and Data Encryption chosen on the previous screen determines whether this screen is available. If available choose the EAP type used on the network.

8.  Tap OK.

9.  If more than one network is listed, tap and hold the stylus on the network name you want to connect to. A pop-up menu will appear. Tap Connect. After a few seconds you should see Connected next to the wireless network you selected.

"VPN Connection"

1.  Tap StartSettings

2.  Tap Connections tab

3.  Tap Connections.

4.  Tap Add New VPN Server.

If you have already created a VPN Server you will need to tap Edit My VPN Servers then tap New

5.  Enter a name for the connection, such as your company's name.

6.  In the Host Name/IP box, enter the VPN server name or IP address. This information is provided by your network administrator.

7.  For VPN type, tap IPSec or PPTP, depending on the type of authentication that you use with your device. Your network administrator can provide this information for you.

8.  Tap Next.

9.  Enter your user name, password and domain, if required.

10.  Tap Finish.

11.  After the VPN connection is setup you can manually connect to the VPN server. To do this, from the Today screen tap and hold the connection icon until a pop-up box appears. Tap Connect VPN on the pop-up box.

• Hi,

I have similar issue, but I'm in a hospital, and they have a free wifi. They provided to me the login and the password. I could not connect to internet, the wifi bar on bottom right still white. I arrived once to connect, but during the night forget to power off and lost the setting...Can someone help me to do the setting.

Regards

Stef

• Hi,

By shut-down/reboot the wifi, now it's working fine...Big Smile