X51v Won't connect to Vista via cradle using Mobile Device Centre - PDA (Axim) Forum (Read Only) - Peripherals - Dell Community

X51v Won't connect to Vista via cradle using Mobile Device Centre

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

X51v Won't connect to Vista via cradle using Mobile Device Centre

• XV51v Windows Mobile 5

Dell Laptop 6400 Vista Home premuim 32 Bit

I have been trying for weeks, trying to connect my XV51v to my laptop.

I would lioke to sync microsoft outlook etc but cannot seem to find anyone who can give me the deffinitive solution. Frustrating or what ..................

• but which Outlook version?  according to Microsoft, while Vista supports Office/OL 2000 onwards, you can only sync email, contacts, tasks, and notes to OL 2003 and 2007

Please don't send questions about your issues to me by Private Messages; post them in the appropriate board so everyone can read. Thank you.

• Microsoft outlook 2003 SP3 is the version thati'm using.

When I connect the cracle and slot in the XV51v the PC bleeps to shoe that there is a connection.

After that nothing happens. I action the device centre from programmes and again nothing happens.

Do I need to download any new software to my XV51v fir this to work?

Ian

• You shouldn't need to install anything. WMDC supports right down to WM2003.  I presume you have WMDC 6.1 installed?

Any conflict or error message shown in your Sync Center?

Message Edited by esquire on 09-14-2008 03:19 AM

Please don't send questions about your issues to me by Private Messages; post them in the appropriate board so everyone can read. Thank you.

• That's the problem. Device centre doen't even load up when I plug the cradle in. The pc bleeps and that's that ..... nothing.

6.1 is loaded and evenm when I click on the icon from within programmes .... it just does nothing at all.

Ian

• I see Sync Center running in System Tray, not WMDC, when my PPC is connected.  To add to the confusion, while Sync Center is part of Vista (with more synchronization features on Business and Ultimate) , it does not support Windows Mobile devices without installing WMDC, but all partnership management is done through WMDC.  My guess is the WMDC is acting as a conduit for Sync Center to manage synchronization.

Try uninstalling WMDC, reboot and reinstall to see if that resolves the problem.

• Uninstalled WMDC re booted and re installed.

The PC recognises the XV51v cradle and the installs the necessary drivers when the XVB51v is connected and switched on.

Then nothing................... at this point I think I'l just give up ........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ian

• I'm having exactly the same problem, but let me sharpen the issue:

I run Vista Home Premium on my HP laptop and Vista Ultimate on my desktop. My desktop is generic and has an intel motherboard. When I connect the Axim x51v to the laptop via usb, it's recognized immediately, I see the icon in "MY COMPUTER" and it works perfectly. When I do the same with the desktop, all I hear is the double beep indicated that that the usb connection has been recognized, but "MY COMPUTER" does not see the Axim. At the same when I connect a Nokia smartphone and a Sansa mp3 player to the desktop, "MY COMPUTER" sees them immediately and they both work and sync perfectly!!! Notthe Axim with W5.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled over and over; drivers, the entire WMDC; connected the cable before installing, after installing, really everything! Nothing has helped.

1. Does anyone out there have an answer to this?

2. Can I turn to Dell directly for a response and, if so, where?

Thank you

• Hi, I am new to the Axim but here is what I fonud out. I have Windows Vista Ultimate and a Axim 51v. I installed Windows Device Center on my desktop, connected my dell cradle and Axim with USB, turned on the axim. and under moble device settings click manage a partnership. Vista did the rest. after that you may need to sync the Axim to your desktop.

Now I have a problem I just purchased a Dell/siedio GPS jacket and can not get it to work. it came with no instructions so I am looking for information on the Jacket and posible software.

THANKS

• ajwkr

Here is a link to the manual, hope this helps.