Axim X51 - PDA (Axim) Forum (Read Only) - Peripherals - Dell Community

Axim X51

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Axim X51

• I am having a problem with the time settings with my Dell Axim.  I select the correct time zone (Pacific US) but it has the incorrect time listed due to recent daylight savings.  I tryed to adjust the clock to the proper time it changes but then reverts back.  The time on my computer syncing to is accurate.

This is weird but it only affects my appts that were created in Outlook and the calendar on my computer shows the meeting at the right time.  On the Axim the time is moved ahead an hour and the meeting displays in a Red font -- any help is appreciated

Thanks

• i am having the same issue with mine.  i tried downloading every driver i could for the x51, but that didn't help either.  i did get a driver for an infared or bluetooth keyboard though.  i'm sorry i can't be of more help, i just posted the same question too.  i guess if you only enter your appointments on your computer, and not your PDA, and ignore the 1 hour difference, and just listen for the alarm to beep, you might get through until the PDA thinks daylight savings is supposed to happen.  Good Luck, let me know if you hear anything.

• Hi:  Don't know if I'm in the right place, but I'll try.

I recently acquired a Dell AXIM x51 from WOOT.  When I plugged it into my computer, I discovered that it had been previously owned as the owners name is there and they are asking for a password.  Needless to say, I don't have a clue as to what it is.  Is there any way to get around this?  I didn't steal it!  Otherwise, it would appear to be useless.

Thanks for any help!

Peggy

• Peggy, you probably should hard reset the Axim to clear out all previous data.  If I remember correctly, press the power button and push the stylus into the reset button hole on the back to initiate a hard reset.

With regard to DST problems with Windows Mobile PDAs and Phones, Microsoft discusses how to resolve this here.

Studio XPS 16 / Intel Core 2 Duo P8600/ 4GB DDR3 / 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3670 / 64-bit Vista & Ubuntu