Axim X51 unable to connect? - PDA (Axim) Forum (Read Only) - Peripherals - Dell Community

Axim X51 unable to connect?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Axim X51 unable to connect?

• Has any one had this issue? When the power to the Axim X51 is on and undocked and redocked from the cradle it will resync. But when undocked and powered down. Then powered up and docked. Activesync will not connect the device. I have tried both types of cables for connecting the Axim and the issues still occurs. Any ideas???
  • I have seen this, not only with the Axims, but with several other devices running Windows Mobile and using ActiveSync.  I believe the issue is with Microsoft's software and not the device.

One of the work-arounds I have found is to cold-boot the device.   If this does not fix the problem, then deleting all of the mobile devces, from ActiveSync on the PC.

• After two happy years  with my Axim X51v I encountered the 'unable to connect problem' - 'com1 port unavailable' was one of the messages. 

Re-installing the software did not work because I could not make the connection, even though my computer knew the PDA was there.

In the end, removing and replacing the battery (same battery) in the PDA solved the problem - in a snap.  Weird, but effective.