Can't get my Axim X5 to leave the "Align Screen" Screen

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Can't get my Axim X5 to leave the "Align Screen" Screen

• So I am trying to reformat (not sure about exact tech term here) my Axim X5 and the first screen prompt is the "Align Screen" Window.  So I hit it in the middle and four corners and it just goes back to the center.  I repeat process and so does it.  No matter how many times I hit the center and four corners it just wants me to do it again and again until I fianlly go crazy and stop messing with it.  When I come back a few hours later more of the same.  ITs been 2 days now.  I am going bonkers.  PLEASE HELP!
  • HughFunkler,

Try removing both the main and backup batteries and leave the Axim unpowered overnight. I have seen this make a difference in some cases.

What was the problem that caused you to perform a hard reset in the first place.
  • I also have the same problem, and the suggestion from Mod didn't work. How can I reisntall all the WM os? I do not have on the dell cd..

thx
  • Hughfunkler,

I was also having the same problem and I was able to resolve it. You may need to continue this process SEVERAL times. P.S. If the alignment process loops, repeat the alignment process again and press the stylus above the center of the crosshair each time you are asked to press the center. IT WORKED...FINALLY!

5. Align the Axim screen. - X50/X51

To align the Axim screen, perform the following steps:
    1. Hold down the power button and press the select button at the same time (Figure 1).

Figure 1 - Power and Select Button

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to align the screen (Figure 2).

Figure 2 - Axim Alignment Screen

NOTENOTE:If the alignment process loops, repeat the alignment process again and press the stylus above the center of the crosshair each time you are asked to press the center.

Return to OverviewHot TopicRelease Date: 12/16/2005Document Number: 183514