Downloading Axim Software to Sync with PC

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Downloading Axim Software to Sync with PC

• I just reloaded my PC HD and I never could get my Axim to work with the laptop. Can't find my disk. Is the software I need to sync available for download?

It is the Axium x50v with all the ROM & WM upgrades.

• Do a Google search for active sync. Go to the site, download version 4.1 following the directions. Be sure to have your axim disconnected while doing this. After installing the software follow the prompts. I have done this many times for different situations. It is not so intimidating.
    RTaylor
  • Type pocketpc in your web browser it will take you to microsoft scroll down and it will have a down load link to active synch 4.1 when you down load choose world wide english version.

Good luck... I did this as an effor to repair a non working sync issue in hopes the cd was bad... no luck and dell technical "non-support" doesn't have an answer
  • If you have a non-working ActiveSync, try one of the trouble shooting guides, e.g.:
    or from Microsoft.com
  • Thanks everybody! I guess what was wrong with my laptop got fixed with 4.1. It seems I had the 4.0 software.

One odd thing though. So after I got all the sync software loaded on my PC & laptop I tried to access the internet wirelessly with my Axim. It took me over a half hour to get it to work.

I kept playing with the router settings and doing soft resets and finally it worked, but I think there's something buggy going on. The Axim would read my network, but then refused to connect. Well anyway I did get it working, for now I guess.   lol

Thanks again!

• I am sorry, this has nothing to do with software...I am trying to find the blank insert for the Axim 5. Where the modem goes..Dell no longer sells them or have them for that matter and I could use one....anyone know where I can get it? Perhaps someone isn't using theirs and I coud throw them a few bucks for it?
  • I know nothing about the Axim 5 but can't you just use a memory card? Since you apparently don't need the extra memory you can probably get one with little memory for like $5 after rebate.

• Actually I can't..it is the expansion slot on the top of the device..there is a big hole there right now..I need something to keep the inside from getting debris....some one who has this device, knows what I am talking about....where the modem can go....or wireless/bluetooth card has to go...
  • Perhaps thin cardboard & tape, or even just tape?  :smileyhappy:

If Dell no longer has the means to send you one the only thing I can think of off hand is possibly buying a used whole unit on an auction site. You'd at least have a spare.

I grew up in the BPC era (before PC) and there used to be a saying among the old timers, "if you can't make it you don't need it." Anymore we are so dependent on purchased replacement parts, if not whole unit replacement, I wonder if part of the reason companies stop making parts available is so you'll HAVE to upgrade.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to find a non working unit on eBay or something. Other than that and phoning service centers in hopes that they just happen to have a spare part, or even as you are doing just posting here, you may get lucky.

Good luck with your quest!

• Actually I can't..it is the expansion slot on the top of the device..there is a big hole there right now..I need something to keep the inside from getting debris....some one who has this device, knows what I am talking about....where the modem can go....or wireless/bluetooth card has to go...

The slot will hold a CF-type memory card - I would suggest going to someplace like www.newegg.com and ordering a cheap CF memory card - it will solve the problem you describe and give you the added advantage of additional storage space on the Axim.
  • I looked for a CF type memory and couldn't find one....maybe you know the link of where they are at?

• How big of a hurry are you in? I'll just give you the Circuit City page, but they don't have a great deal today. Check the electronic store websites or www.pricegrabber.com or something.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13071/N/20013061+20013067+20013071/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

• I don't think you understand me...I have a memory card slot on the side and I have a memory card in there.. I am talking about the slot on the TOP  of the device, next to the earpiece plug..It is about and inch and a half long and ab out 3/4 inches wide...it is not the top device...it is the one on the bottom....see below..or click on this link..

top view of PDAsThis is the Top view of the Dell Axim X5 shown on the bottom here...

Message Edited by Homeuser66 on 04-26-200609:25 AM