Pocket PC 2003 Upgrade for Dell Axim X5

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Pocket PC 2003 Upgrade for Dell Axim X5

• I just installed an X5 and its great, I had this X5 in a closet for almost 3 years, it was given to me as a gift but I never used it, I forgot I had it.  It comes with PPC 2002, does anybody know where can I purchase the PPC 2003 upgrade for my this unit?. 

Thanks
  • I'm in the same boat.  I read somewhere that there was an upgrade CD shipped to all users.  For those of us who have moved multiple times since purchasing the x5, that tactic wasn't very useful.  I can't find where to download the software OR order the CD.  If you solve this, could you please post the answer?  I'll do the same.  Thanks.
  • I just read on another post that Dell no longer sells these.  The other post suggested looking on Ebay, which I did, and I just purchased one for around $10.  I Googled "Dell Axim X5 Pocket Pc 2003 Upgrade/Update CD" which gave me a few other sources, as well.  Good luck!
  • I bought my Axim used and it came w/ a update cd, but I dont think it is a PocketPC update, just a ROM update.

I didn't know there was a PPC 2k3 update available.

*** EDIT ***

Okay, I guess my Dell came w/ the PocketPC 2003 (also known as Windows Mobile).  It is titled ...

Dell Axim X5
    Pocket PC 2003 Companion CD

On the package is "Pocket PC 2003 Premium w/ Outlook 2002" and the product key.

So I would assume this is the update to PPC 2k3

If anyone wants to "discuss" this, please feel free to email me.

Message Edited by neonhomer on 02-21-2005 07:05 PM

• Ebay was the first place I looked after I found out that Dell no longer sells it but no luck.   I guess you bought the only copy.  I'll be glad to get it off your hand, for a fee ofcourse if you know what I mean. 
  • neonhomer
    Sent you a pm, just in case it did not arrive,
    I have a two month old X5 and now also the x30
    The 2003 on the x30 is much nicer, my x5 crys out for help. ;)