E151FPb Monitor goes black

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

E151FPb Monitor goes black

• Seems like a common problem on the forum, but have seen no answers. Just bought a new system with the E151FPb flat screen monitor. When it is powered up, it comes on for a second, then goes black. Does it whether or not attached to CPU. Any cure, or is it a lemon?
  • Perform the monitor self test, refer to users guide here. Essentially, unplug the power cord, disconnect the video cable, plug the power cord back in and turn it on. You should see a multcolored self test box float around momentarily, indicating self test is OK. If so, run through the troubleshooting steps yourself, and contact Tech Support with what you learn. Depending on what the problem is they are the only ones who can replace hardware, or you can decide whether you just want to pack it all up and return it.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/E151FPB/English/trouble.htm

Message Edited by tomintx on 11-09-2003 08:56 AM

Regards, Latitude 6430u, Venue 8 Pro
  • Thanks, Tom. I had already performed the self test (that's what I was referring to when I said it occurred whether or not the monitor was connected to the computer) and the monitor, in any situation, would come on for 1 or 2 seconds and then go black. From the messages on this forum, this problem, and variations of it, must not be that unusual. Customer service did not give me any hassles and has shipped me a new monitor. However, one would hope that the first monitor was checked before it shipped in order to avoid these delays.
  • Most likely it is the monitor, at least hope so, because that is a simple fix. Good luck.
    Regards, Latitude 6430u, Venue 8 Pro