HP ZBook Studio G4, Dual U2414H, Daisy chain issue - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

HP ZBook Studio G4, Dual U2414H, Daisy chain issue

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

HP ZBook Studio G4, Dual U2414H, Daisy chain issue

This question is not answered

Dear all,

Since 2 months I am a proud owner of 2 Dell U2414H monitors, but unfortunately today the monitors suddenly stopped working. I am using these monitors together with my HP Zbook studio G4 (Nvidia quadro 1200M), connecting the laptop with the first display using a USB-c to display port cable and a display port cable between the monitors (both daisy link 1.2 enabled). It all worked perfectly, until today. When I plugin the display port cable in my USB-c slot, both screens turn into "Power safe mode". While my laptop does recognize the 2 monitors, it doesn't do anything with it. Weird thing is, when I turn off the second display, the other display works fine. 

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thanking you in advance.  

All Replies
  • We only tested the U2414H daisy chain from either a DP (DisplayPort) out or Mini-DP out on the computer. In theory, this is how it should be setup =

HP Zbook Studio G4 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C out --> Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to DP cable --> #1 U2414H DP in port (DisplayPort 1.2 Enable)

#1 U2414H DP out port --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in port (DisplayPort 1.2 Disable)

* Turn all three off (Laptop, both monitors)
    * Disconnect ALL cables from the monitor. Disconnect the Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to DP cable from the laptop
    * Press each monitor power button in for 30 seconds
    * Reconnect in the way I showed above. Turn both monitors on, then the laptop. Make sure #1 U2414H is DisplayPort 1.2 Enable and #2 U2414H is DisplayPort 1.2 Disable

What happens?