U2715H, Plugable dock, HP Spectre x360 13-ac003na, sleep issue - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

U2715H, Plugable dock, HP Spectre x360 13-ac003na, sleep issue

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2715H, Plugable dock, HP Spectre x360 13-ac003na, sleep issue

This question is not answered

I have a brand new U2715H which I received today.

s/n CN-DGH85D-64180-73B-08SS

Manufactured March 2017

Connected via the HDMI on a Plugable docking station (UD-ULTCDL-EU) to an HP Spectre x360 13-ac003na running Windows 10 Pro.

My issue is that every few minutes the monitor goes to sleep for a few seconds. It comes back OK but it is really difficult to work under these conditions :-)

Otherwise the monitor is great and I don't want to return it if I can avoid it (I purchased from a reseller who immediately offered to replace it when I contacted them).

I've made sure the Windows Power and Sleep are set to 2 hours on both battery and mains.

I've tried both the 2K and 4K ports on the Plugable, and the HDMI 1 and 2 input on the monitor.

I've done a factory reset and I have run the BID.

It looks like the problem might have something to do with Display Manager - sometime it goes to sleep when I go into Display Manager. But that might be a red herring.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

UD-ULTCDL-EU

All Replies
  • You could uninstall the Dell Display Manager software, reboot and retest.

Dell never tested the UD-ULTCDL-EU dock. You should also post on their forum.

I would remove the UD-ULTCDL-EU dock from the troubleshooting to see if it is the culprit. Is there another computer (desktop or laptop) there with onboard HDMI out port to test the U2715H HDMI in ports? If yes and the issue does not occur, then that means that the fault is not with the U2715H.

Another test =
    HP Spectre x360 13-ac003na USB 3.1 Type-C out --> USB-C to HDMI cable --> U2715H HDMI in ports

• Hi Chris, thanks for your response. I have indeed also contacted Plugable. I will follow-up on your suggestions and keep you posted.

• Hi again, just to let you know. I didn't need a new cable and it is still plugged in via the Plugable docking station. I still do not understand what the problem was but I after changing the Windows Power settings and then repeating the reset / BIDs the monitor finally sorted itself out! Thanks anyway for you advice.