Washed out video colour on Youtube with U2417H - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

Washed out video colour on Youtube with U2417H

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Washed out video colour on Youtube with U2417H

This question is not answered

Hi, last week i posted a problem that i had with the U2414h model, i managed to get it replaced with the U2417h and one of the problems does not seem to be resolved.

I have great colours on desktop, in games and tv shows and movies that i watch on vlc player.But when i open youtube it's like i'm watching an almost black and white movie , the colours are washed out like an  old western movie and the contrast is very dim. I don't think is the gpu's fault an Rx 470 from amd, i had it hooked up on my brothers VA Benq monitor and the colours and contrast looked alright. 

I used the provided cable, an Hdmi gold plated cable and a displayport  cable and the result is the same , the colours look dirty and old. Am i doing something wrong? 

I am using the monitor with 90 % brightness and 85% contrast. Anything above that and everything on the desktop looks too bright. 

All Replies
  • Two different monitor models with the SAME YouTube issue. Doubtful that the monitors are at fault. It could have been a setting in the Dell Displays Manager software. So uninstall that software for now, then reboot the computer. The U2417H should be restored to Factory Defaults (Brightness 75/Contrast 75) in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others. Do not make any other changes in there once done. Test YouTube. Then test the U2417H and those cables on another computer when viewing YouTube.

• I don't have it installed, Display Manager, since i reinstalled Windows so i can use latest version, the Fall Update. I think i am going to return the monitor, it is almost certainly the contrast overall, my brother  has a Benq Gw2470hm, with a contrast of 3000:1 compared to dells 1000:1, we hooked up the same system with the same cables and surprise not only contrast was better on everything , movies, games, but colors also looked more vibrant and natural at the same time. And that monitor has a 90% Srgb coverage.