Cannot connect U2415 - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

Cannot connect U2415

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Cannot connect U2415

This question is not answered

Just got it and tried to connect but all i get is the floating message No DP Cable! I connected miniDP to the monitor and DP to the all the possible sockets i have in my computer (1 from mother board and 3 from GeForce 1080) nothing's changed. Same floating message! What did i do wrong and why Dell cannot provide us with an extra cable for a different port?

All Replies
  • You can see in the U2415 User's Guide page 6 all of the cabling that is provided. You should be using the DP out ports on the GeForce 1080, not the computer onboard DP out port =

GeForce 1080 DP out port --> U2415 DP to mDP cable --> U2415 mDP in port

Press the U2415 Menu button (page 35), go to Input Source (page 40) and change it to Mini DisplayPort. Then exit the Menu.

• I have the Guide and I've tried everything possible combinations! Got stressed, and sweaty! Went to a store bought DP --> DP cable and it started working! Now a million dollar question! Why not to include an extra DP - DP cable in the package? I got freaked out, stressed, and ***! Had to spend extra $$ for the cable. Because of this small thing you get a lower review ranking and next time i decide to look for a monitor, i will consider others first.

• The provided DP to mDP should have worked when choosing Mini DisplayPort in the OSD. Perhaps the cable itself was faulty. I doubt that the mDP port on the monitor is faulty. The manufacturer decided which cables would be provided.