P2415Q, grey horizontal lines - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

P2415Q, grey horizontal lines

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

P2415Q, grey horizontal lines

• I just bought and received my first Dell monitor. It's the P2415Q. And the first thing I noticed after connecting it was the grey horizontal lines. Some googling later and I ended up here.

I see this problem being mentioned all over the internet. Can anyone confirm if this is normal, so all Dell P2415Q behaves like this, or would a replacement fix it? And if so, does Dell replace the monitor because of this problem?

It really looks terrible. Having used many other 4K UHD screens, I've never seen anything like this before. I am disappointed.

• We will need more information.

* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller? And when?
    * What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
    * Open the monitor User's Guide
    * Perform the Factory Reset, page 37
    * Run the monitor BID (Built-in Diagnostics) page 44. Post pictures of the BID showing us the issue

* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
    * What operating system is installed on the computer?
    * What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
    * What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
    * List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
    Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port
    * Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed?