U2715H, Ghosting, normal or not? - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

U2715H, Ghosting, normal or not?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2715H, Ghosting, normal or not?

This question is not answered

Hi, I´ve got this monitor (DELL U1715H) for my studies task and 1440p non-competitive gaming.

I´ve been using the monitor in gaming properly. However, in my last game Rime, I'm able to detected some ghosting issues over the blue sky.

So I tested ghosting with test UFOs, and my monitor seemed OK. But then if I test ghosting with CYAN o MIDDLE GRAYS background color, the ghosting inverse or overshoot is slightly visible. Obviously I'm using NORMAL Response Time (FAST is even worse).

(In photos is less visible than real vision)

In most usual conditions o games, it hadn't been a real problem for me, only at Rime, because of minimalist graphic style with plain textures. 

Finally I'm worried because my reference review of Dell U2715H by TFT.central said at Normal Response Time it shouldn't show any overshoot or ghosting inverse. Maybe my unit uses a more agressive overdrive internal setting or simply this low level of overshoot is normal? So, what about you? At least, ¿a more agressive overdrive means a lower overall response time?

My DELL U2715H Rev. 03, Manufactured Sep. 2016.

Brought Feb 2017.

All Replies
  • There have been some reports of some ghosting, but all returned have been inside our manufacturer specifications. Sometimes ghosting can be caused by incorrect aspect ratio. Go to your video card control panel settings and make sure that the desktop scaling is set to scale based on 16x9 aspect ratio.

What computer model?
    What video card?
    Did you install the latest video card driver?
    What video out ports are on the video card to test?
    What computer to monitor cables are you testing?
    Factory Reset it =
    * Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
    * Go to Others- Factory Reset
    Test all of the U2715H video in ports (HDMI/HDMI/DP/mDP)
    * Change to Preset Mode Game and test with Dynamic Contrast On

• What computer model? - Asus Z97A, i5 4670k, 8GB RAM

What video card? - GTX 1070

Did you install the latest video card driver? - Yes. I dit it.

What video out ports are on the video card to test? What computer to monitor cables are you testing?

- I'm using HDMI cable, because it was longer. But I could try DP then. ¿is it possible overshoot changes via DisplayPort, instead HDMI?

Factory Reset it =

* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)

* Go to Others- Factory Reset.

- I dit it.

Test all of the U2715H video in ports (HDMI/HDMI/DP/mDP)

* Change to Preset Mode Game and test with Dynamic Contrast On

- I've just tried it. But all modes show same ghosting.

There have been some reports of some ghosting, but all returned have been inside our manufacturer specifications. Sometimes ghosting can be caused by incorrect aspect ratio. Go to your video card control panel settings and make sure that the desktop scaling is set to scale based on 16x9 aspect ratio.

Yes, I have tried changed all setting about scale and aspect ratio, without changes. Then, do the most of Dell U2715H look similar? And then I should considerer my level overshoot normal and deal with it.

Rest of users Dell U2715H may test it, thanks:

https://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting

Color Background: Cyan

Thanks for you reply. Regards.

• When running that test at its defaults =
    Cyan, 160 pixels, UFO, On

My UP3216Q shows some ghosting. But I do not see ANY ghosting in games. So the test fails for me as a false/positive result.

• Yes, so do I before. But I discovered ghosting could be a problem, in RiME (Tequila Works). Here you are a gameplay, where I'm able to detect visible ghosting on outlines of trees.