S2316H: disable speakers when headphones are plugged - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

S2316H: disable speakers when headphones are plugged

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

S2316H: disable speakers when headphones are plugged

This question has been answered by DELL-Chris M

Hello. Monitor - Dell S2316H. How to set to disable speakers when headphones are plugged? Now work both.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • You cannot disable the speakers with the S2316H controls. You would have to do this via the operating system Audio Playback. But lowering the speaker volume to 0 in the S2316H OSD (On Screen Display) -Audio should not effect the volume of the headphones in the Audio Line Out port. Test that for us.

All Replies
  • You cannot disable the speakers with the S2316H controls. You would have to do this via the operating system Audio Playback. But lowering the speaker volume to 0 in the S2316H OSD (On Screen Display) -Audio should not effect the volume of the headphones in the Audio Line Out port. Test that for us.

• Yes,  that's works, but I meant how to make it happen automatically. As well as the rear outputs of the motherboard are disabled when connected to the outputs on the front panel.

• Automatically, no idea. When you plug into the front audio jack, the rear is disabled. That is by design.  I see that on all of my Dell desktops.