Enable MST by DDM command line - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

Enable MST by DDM command line

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Enable MST by DDM command line

This question is not answered

I have two U2717D monitors connected to 2 different laptops at the same time.

1. HP Folio - each monitor is connected by mDP (two cables from computer, one to each monitor)

2. Surface Laptop - One cable to connected to monitor 1, and monitor 1 connected to monitor 2 via daisy chain. The daisy chain cable is DP. 

I am facing issues having the monitors switch between the two setups which I believe is due to the HP not supporting DP1.2.

Is it possible to turn MST on and off via the DDM.exe command line?

All Replies
  • Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible, but I will be happy to see what I can find out. If you did happen to find something on this let me know.

Best regards,

Brad

• I have checked into this and unfortunately this is not possible with DDM. 

Best regards,

Brad

• Thanks for your quick response Brad.

I notice that my second monitor is not recognized by the DDM application at all in both of the following scenarios:

1. Dual monitor output from my HP laptop (I have two DP to mDP cables going from the laptop to the respective monitors). One cable is from the docking station and the other is from the side of the laptop.

2. The second monitor in my daisy chain setup with my Surface Laptop

Is this expected behavior?

• Hi there, sorry on the delay, I have been out of the office.

Did you still need help with this? I will be happy to see what I can find, but I was curious if you just have one port on the HP setup and then unplug it and try the other monitor on the 2nd port does the 2nd monitor show up (basically trying to determine if as long as one monitor is hooked up it shows up in DDM regardless of port and that both monitors are working individually with DDM). Obviously in the daisy chain this would be different setup etc, but just wanted to rule out if I was missing anything.

Best regards,

Brad 

• Hi Brad, the monitor connected to the docking station does not seem to be recognized regardless of one or two monitors plugged in.

• I'm guessing that is a problem with the docking station. If you plug the monitor directly into the Surface does it work? If it works when connected directly, but doesn't when connected to the dock, its the dock software. Is it a Microsoft Dock or some other part?