U2717D, MST, Daisychain? - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

U2717D, MST, Daisychain?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2717D, MST, Daisychain?

This question is not answered

On the U2717d can you tell me how you "enable" DP1.2?

I understand how to turn on the MST setting through the display OSD, but I don't see how to turn on DP 1.2. I assumed this was the same as enabling MST.

I have an HP Folio 9470m that is mirrors the two U2717d monitors that I have and I cannot get it to extend.

All Replies
  • MST and DP 1.2 are the same thing. So setting Menu- Display- MST to On on the #1 U2712D and to Off on the #2 U2717D should work =

Computer DP out port --> U2717D DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2717D mDP in port (Menu- Display- MST On)

#1 U2717D DP out port --> U2717D DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2717D mDP in port (Menu- Display- MST Off)

• Thanks for your help Chris. I am still running into challenges and wonder if you can provide additional guidance?

1. Instead of using DP to mDP from monitor #1 to #2 in the daisy chain, can I daisy chain using DP to DP?

2. The only way I seem to be able to get the two monitors to extend is to output two Dp -> mDP cables from my laptop/docking station to the respective two monitors. My issue here is that the DDM tool only sees one monitor and I can't use the DDM command line tool to switch monitors to my second laptop.

3. My setup includes to laptops: HP Folio, Microsoft Surface Laptop. The surface laptop functions fine with a daisy chain as setup. The HP duplicates displays, and I cannot seem to extend the image over the two displays. Can you recommend me a solution to this problem?

Thank you!