Hello, recently I bought a Dell P2417h and I have discovered two problems with it. The first problem is the ghosting when I'm scrolling Dell forum for example, similar to the other post on this forum, and the second problem is that I get random horizontal lines with pixel scrambling when I'm using the monitor on DisplayPort.
Here is the horizontal flickering
The only thing that solves problem for me - changing aspect ratio to 4:3 and back to 16:9. I have to do it each time after turning display on.
* Explain in detail how the monitor is connecting to the computer using what cabling and ports* Computer model* Operating System* Video card + all of its out ports* Reboot the operating system into Safemode with Networking. Go online. Do you see the issue? If not, then some software or driver is the cause of the issue in normal mode, not the monitor hardware
Social Media Support#IWork4DellDell Support VideosDrivers and DownloadsDriver order
I'm using the monitor connected via diplayport to dell pro03x docking station and a Dell E4310 notebook. Curently i'm using windows 10 and i have a VGA display port on notebook and another one on docking station+DVI.
* Explain in detail how the monitor is connecting to the computer using what cabling and ports
The monitor is connected to my Dell 4310 notebook via Dell pro 03x docking station and a DisplayPort cable.
* Computer model
Video card + all of its out ports
Intel HD Graphics with on board VGA + Displayport, DVI and Vga ports on the dock.
* Reboot the operating system into Safe mode with Networking. Go online. I can't use the monitor when I'm in safe mode, maybe because I'm using it with a docking station.
The ghosting is present on VGA and DisplayPort no matter if it's the on board VGA or the port from the docking station. When I'm using the monitor in standard view it is horrible, but the ghosting is at a much lower level on multimedia mode.
* Turn the P2417H off* Disconect all video cables from the P2417H* Turn the 2010 Latitude E4310 off* Remove the Latitude E4310 from the dock* Open the lid and turn the Latitude E4310 on* Connect the VGA cable to the P2417H* Connect the other end of the VGA cable to the Latitude E4310* Turn the P2417H on* Open Displays and set the P2417H as Extended monitor
* Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)* Go to Others* Choose Factory Reset* Go to Display* Change Response Time to Fast* Go to Color- Preset Modes* Choose Custom Color* Lower all RGB levels to 92* Exit the OSD and retest
As I said, the horizontal flickering lines appear only on DisplayPortt and I don't want to use my monitor on VGA if a got a DisplayPort available. I knew if I'll lower the RGB to 92 the ghosting it will be reduced, but I want to use the monitor of ComfortView for example not only on CustomColors. Thank you
Inside of 30 days from the purchase date, you may return for refund. Outside of the 30 days, all you may do is get exchanges. Or you can simply use the workaround to reduce the ghosting. Your call.
Ok, I have received another monitor, this one seems better, the ghosting is gone when I set the contrast to 69 vs 60 at the old one. But still, I can't understand why and how can Dell accept this kind of "imperfection". From your answer I understood that I have to accept this issue because all the units have this kind of problem, am I right? I simply can't accept that this is normal...
Is the issue resolved?
Of course not, I've received 2 replacement monitors even worse than the first and I can't do anything.
Hello, i have bought a similiar monitor, the Dell P2717h and faced the same issue, I have solved it by doing the following configuration:
Color: Custom Color and set the R, G and B to 92
Display: Shapness set to 100 and response time set to normal
I hope it works for you.