U2312HM Buzzing with Brightness lower than 99

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2312HM Buzzing with Brightness lower than 99

This question is not answered

This is still under investigation. The workaround is to raise the brightness to 99 and then lower the contrast to a suitable appearance. If that works for you great. If not, you should get the monitor replaced. If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Order Support for your country. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support for your country. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number or attached PC Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason: U2312HM Buzzing with Brightness lower than 99

For my notes to engineering, please provide the 25 digit monitor PPID number. It looks like this:
CN-0T571R-64180-085-0R9U

Savvy.Singh UK PPID =
Siddytrousers UK PPID =
Gammawolf UK PPID =
ukhkamran UK PPID =
Leopardi Finland PPID = CN-059DJP-74445-17K-CY6L
kevyin Australia PPID =

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
Quick link for Manuals and Drivers

All Replies
  • Mine (Finland): CN-059DJP-74445-17K-CY6L

• Do you get reports from the middle east about this issue? or its related to UK/US only?

• On this issue, I have only seen UK, Finland, and Russia customers.

• I'm a US customer with this issue. I can't for the life of my find my PPID number, and I purchased from a university bookstore so I don't think I have an order number. What should I do?

• mkawa,

The PPID is on a label on the monitor. There might be a plastic thing you slide out to see it. You must get the original Dell order number from the seller.

• CN-0T9MJ3-74445-184-B9XL

i brought it back to the retailer, and they said they suspected they would not be able to take it back due to them being over their 21-day deadline with dell (by 2-3 business days). further, they said they could not get me the original order number until monday.

it would be easiest for me if i could just give it back to them. is there someone in support i could contact to resolve this?

edit: retailer took it back, so this is resolved. thanks!
  • Has this issue been eliminated? Would be good to be able to have a reliable replacement instead of relying on luck. I've replaced mine but new one came with the same issue.

• I'm another US customer with the same issue.  The workaround does work for me so I don't know if it's worth the trouble getting a replacement.

PPID: CN-0T9MJ3--74445-184-648L

• Bulgaria: CN-059DJP-74445-17E-A0LL